Need a copy of the discovery Channel documentary

Treatments, Rehabilitation, and Recovery
herff94

Re: Need a copy of the discovery Channel documentary

Post by herff94 »

Courtney~
Hate to ask this but........can I have a copy, too? I'll pay you for the shipping and for the tape? Let me know, please?????? I've really got to see this and my family does, too.
Thanks-Kath
cbe411
Injury Description, Date, extent, surgical intervention etc: MVA in 2001, nerve graph in 2002, Median Nerve Transfer in 2004 and an unsuccessful Gracillis Muscle Transfer in 2006. I am living life and loving it! Feel free to contact me :)

Post by cbe411 »

sure send your addy to me and ill get it you asap!
COurt
Susana

Post by Susana »

For those who watched the documentary or for John's family. It wasn't to clear for me why John got his muscle and tendon transfer that quick. Since he had root avulsion, isn't that they have to wait until the nervers grow and innervate the muscles.
Gene

Post by Gene »

Kathleen (and all following this post),

We are in the process of dubbing an edited version of the one hour show that covers only the story of John's injury and the surgeries of the Mayo Clinic team.

Our goal is to see if we can get it converted into a video file and compress it so that we can e-mail it or post it on a website for anyone to see. Stay tuned for further updates.

Interestingly, John and his dad are headed to the airport right now for Mayo. He'll be having his quarterly tests and check up tomorrow and Wednesday. They'll do a new EMG to see how far the nerve paths have grown and to check his lung capacity as a result of the "borrowing" of his phrenic nerve in the first operation last February.

John's stepdad,
Gene
Andrew

Post by Andrew »

Thank you Cout. Either tape or dvd will be fine which ever is easier. I'll Email you my address of my home. If the shipping and handling is pricey just let me know and i'll send you a money order.

Thanks again, Andrew
cbe411
Injury Description, Date, extent, surgical intervention etc: MVA in 2001, nerve graph in 2002, Median Nerve Transfer in 2004 and an unsuccessful Gracillis Muscle Transfer in 2006. I am living life and loving it! Feel free to contact me :)

Post by cbe411 »

Alright guys and gals! I have gotten my copy of the video and I Am going ot get copies made this weekend and get them in the mail, think of it as a Christmas gift form on BPI to another! YEAH! And thanks to Chris (hdcrash) in KY for getting a copy of the video to me! He is a great BPI guy! Ill post again when they get in the mail for sure!
COurt
herff94

Post by herff94 »

Court~
Yah, I'm one on your very big list that would like a copy of the tape. I'll e-mail you my address and e-mail me back so I can send you some $$$. Thank you so much!!! Did you ever come to Chicago?
Kath
herff94

Re: Need a copy of the discovery Channel documentary-THANX COURTNEY!

Post by herff94 »

Hey Courney~
I got your package today!!! I can not thank you enough. I haven't had a chance to watch it yet. I'll put the kids to bed, make some popcorn and watch those Doc's @ work.
Courtney, thank you so much. I'll send you back some $$.
How are things with you? Did you get your brace from Chicago? Update me.
Kathleen in Chicago
cbe411

Re: Need a copy of the discovery Channel documentary-THANX COURTNEY!

Post by cbe411 »

Hey Kath glad that you got the video! The begining is a bit messy but you can see the parts for BPI real well! The rest of you should be getting them soon as well! No money needed please, its my treat! As far as my brace Kath, I did go to CHicago and get fitted for it. I Am just starting week number 3 tomorrow with it and am real unsure about it! It is very hot, though it is quite comfortable, puts my upper body back into the natural postioning. We shall see, I have to gove it time to see what I Am going to think long term. Ill keep ya posted. I AM the first TBPI to get this brace as well so its kinda trial and error! Enjoy the videos!

COurt
Andrew

Post by Andrew »

I got my DVD in the mail today
Thanks a bunch Court!!!