Questions about acromioplasty

Forum for parents of injured who are seeking information from other parents or people living with the injury. All welcome
shannonmariegreen

Questions about acromioplasty

Post by shannonmariegreen »

I was wondering how we go about getting the 3d scan. We live in a small community in Southern Illinois, I do not know how responsive my doctor would be to this request. I do not know if it is absolutely necessary at this time, but I am curious about whether this surgery is neeeded for my daughter, she has had nerve transfer, mod quad, and caps surgeries. My other concern is whether I should just wait because it seems as though some of these surgeries that my daughter has had are being done together in the same surgery she just had the Caps done last year and already there is another surgery that she might need. For example primary and mod quad are being done together and now the caps and acromioplasty are being done together. Does anyone know whether problems can be averted by having the surgery done now or whether further harm could occur if you wait? She is four years old so I gues she has some time.
Tammie

Re: Questions about acromioplasty

Post by Tammie »

Shannon, I haven't heard that they are doing primary and MQ together. I don't know how they'd do that considering the splints are completely different. Primary, for example, has the splint close to the side of the child. MQ is up in the air. Some surgeries Dr. Nath will combine, MQ & Caps, if he feels that is what the child needs.

As for getting 3D CT scan, you can call TCH and talk to Lisa Thompson or Angela Gonzolas and they will send you the prescription. You can get the scan done at a local children's hospital.

I think it would be good to have the CT scan done just for the sake of knowing if your child is dislocated and if the acrom. bone hasn't stopped growing.