Future children and how to deliver them...

Forum for parents of injured who are seeking information from other parents or people living with the injury. All welcome
Josh'smom

Re: Future children and how to deliver them...

Post by Josh'smom »

My first child was SD and had her collar bone broken. My second I changed drs and thought I had an experience dr and I told them of the previous SD. Well my second has a LOBPI and broken collar bone. Well when I found out I was pregnant with my third I changed hospitals, drs and made sure the dr was going to give me a c section. the section was CAKE compared to my two previous natural deliveries that were difficult. I think with my BPI child I got 20 stitches!!! I could barely walk--good luck in your decision, but really research it.
Karen Hillyer

Re: Future children and how to deliver them...

Post by Karen Hillyer »

Belinda
I think the manoeuvre you are talking about is supposed to be the McRoberts manoevre - a well documented and recognised move to overcome a shoulder dystocia - done correctly it can help to free the baby's shoulders.
Many hospitals perform this manoevre with the Mothers legs in stirrups- however this does not help with the dystocia at all- for the move to be a proper McRoberts the woman's buttocks MUST be lifted off the bed whilst the legs are elevated and drawn up to the shoulder - otherwise it ISN'T a McRoberts at all.
when used properly it is widely recognised as one of the best and easiest methods of freeing the shoulder
Good luck with what ever decision you reach
Karen