itchy palm...

Forum for parents of injured who are seeking information from other parents or people living with the injury. All welcome
sheri.roesler

itchy palm...

Post by sheri.roesler »

I haven't posted in a while, and just realized that I posted as a guest so thought I'd try again after logging in.
Anyway, my son, Joshua has been complaining about his palm itching the last couple of days. He says that it itches right between the thumb and pointer finger on the palm side of his hand. He can't seem to get any relief from it. I'm thinking that it might have to do with some new nerve growth or something "waking up" in there. Any suggestions on how to relieve the "itch"? We are trying to stay away from pain relievers because he is having surgery on Monday to have his adenoids taken out. Thanks for any suggestions!!
Sheri and Joshua
Kathleen M

Re: itchy palm...

Post by Kathleen M »

Sherri

I answered on the adult/obpi message board.
Kath
Dean-na

Post by Dean-na »

Sherri, I also answered you on the adult board.

~Deanna
LeeAnne

Post by LeeAnne »

Michaela has had this problem at times, too. It really annoys her. One probable thing besides nerve innervation is yeast. Michaela wears a splint most of the time and that area is always covered in neoprene.We leave her splint off a couple of days and massage in a antifungal cream and it clears up most of the time. If it is a yeast problem it will last longer than a few minutes or couple of hours. Hope that helps , LeeAnne