Black Bird - the Beatles

Forum for parents of injured who are seeking information from other parents or people living with the injury. All welcome
Sophie's Mom

Black Bird - the Beatles

Post by Sophie's Mom »

Blackbird singing in the dead of night
Take these broken wings and learn to fly
All your life
You were only waiting for this moment to arise...
admin
Site Admin

Re: Black Bird - the Beatles

Post by admin »

where's the rest of it? i was singing with you...
Francine_Litz

Post by Francine_Litz »

I love that song...even more now...
Jody

Post by Jody »

This is the first song my bpi son learned to play on his guitar. It is beautiful!
Sophie's Mom

Post by Sophie's Mom »

Here's the rest:

Blackbird singing in the dead of night
Take these sunken eyes and learn to see
All your life
You were only waiting for this moment to be free

Blackbird fly. Blackbird fly.
Into the light of the dark black night.

jennyb
Injury Description, Date, extent, surgical intervention etc: January 1980 Yamaha RD200 vs 16 wheeler truck, result, 1 totally paralysed right arm. I was 21, now 54. I had no surgery, I don't regret this. Decided to totally ignore limitations (easily done aged 21) adapted very quickly to one handed life, got married, had 3 kids, worked- the effect of the injury on my life (once the pain stopped being constant) was minimal and now, aged 54, I very rarely even think of it, unless I bash it or it gets cold, then I wish I'd had it amputated :) Except for a steering knob on my car, I have no adaptations to help with life, mainly because I honestly don't think of myself as disabled and the only thing I can't do is peel potatoes, which is definitely a good thing.

Post by jennyb »

I'd guess it was 1964 Rich but would have no idea about which songs in which order, I was 5 at the time....
....Jan 8th 1980, I lost the use of my right arm thru tbpi. Dec 8th 1980, the world lost John Lennon.....that was NOT a good year.
The best group, ever. IMO!
Kathleen M

Post by Kathleen M »

Rich
Thanks for the trip down memory lane... These are the songs they were playing when I met Ralph March/64...
Kath