Topamax Side effects!!!

Treatments, Rehabilitation, and Recovery
admin
Site Admin

Re: Topamax Side effects!!!

Post by admin »

Hello,
I recently started taking topamax and had the same feelings. I decided to stop taking the drug and made a huge mistake. I felt good for about a day, and then the migrains took over. It took about a week for the medicine to get back into my system. My advice is to take it. Im up to 125mg a day now and am getting use to the side effects. The head aches are going away and the side effects are better than the head aches. I have also found out that yeast and milk products were playing a large role in my migrains. You may need to involve a nutritionist in your program. Do not stop taking topamax abruptly, it can be dangerous!
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

I am 15 years old, and I was put on TOPAMAX for migraines. It seemed to work, but I was falling asleep everwhere I went, I could not concentrate on anything I was doing, I would get very shakey and nervous, and then I became very aggressive when I responded to things and it gave me lots of depression. If anyone is looking into taking TOPAMAX, I would say, stay away, it should be taken off the market. This all happened and I only went from 15 mg to 30 mg, and it is still continuing till my medicine is changed!!!
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

I started on Topamax in June after having many surgeries for hydrocephalus and different complications. My doctors had me on Zoloft 50 mg and I was taking Percocet for the constant headaches. My initial dose was 25mg for two weeks then 50 mg for 3 months. The first two weeks were so hard. It was like taking a sleeping pill. I had tingling hands and feet and couldn't drink soda. I switched to tea. I was determined to find something besides narcotics to help with my pain. My Neuro just upped me to 100 mg a day and I went off the birth control pill which can make headaches worse. I feel like a different person! I no longer wake up with a headache and am able to function almost like a normal human being. It just took my body a little getting use to but now the topamax doesn't bother me at all. I would suggest taking it at night for people that do not have to take it twice a day. It did not bother me at all that way. I really believe the Topamax has made the difference. Good luck!
admin
Site Admin

Very Scary Issue for Me

Post by admin »

On Tuesday, I had smoked weed, I know its bad for you, but it caused me to go into a severely bad brain trip and it caused me to flip out. I am on 100mg of Topamax 2x daily for seizures. It felt like I was having a flashback in life and I couldn't get out of it. And all it was doing was playing over and over and over and over and over again. It was the scariest thing I had ever seen. If anyone is taking Topamax, please stay away from marijuana, it is a very bad drug to be using while on Topamax. This trip nearly killed me, I have no clue how I am still alive. If you want to email me and share experiences, please do so.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

I am on this website this morning researching the same thing. Have been on 75 mg of Topamax for coming up on 3 weeks now and have not had the desire to have sex at all.
admin
Site Admin

Re: Very Scary Issue for Me

Post by admin »

I hae been taking Topamax for about i guess 4 weeks - 75 mg - I smoke weed sometimes and it has never done this to me. I'd be curious to know if you were on anything else - and how much Topamax you are on right now.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

I started taking topamax about a year ago. I started VERY slow! Only 15 mg twoce per day, and now I'm up to only 65mg total per day to prevent severe complicated migraines. My migraines were causing complete numbness on one side of my body.
My side effects: painful tingling- it went away after 3 months- occasionally returns.
Very slow speaking at times- it goes away after 6 months (and I'm a college professor- try that one!)
Weight loss- I've lost 30 pounds. (not complaining)
Fatigue- it gets better.
BUT- now my bones hurt! Are you all experienceing this?
And- I too have had some hearing loss in one ear.
I have not had ONE FULL BLOWN complicated migraine since I started the drug, and I was having 3/week!
punchy sue

Post by punchy sue »

Dwane
Sort of personal question, but have you ever done any other type of hallucinagenic? I think acid and ecstacy gets trapped in your spinal cord and never completly leaves yur body. Maybe the weed W/ Topomax triggered a "flashback" from former drug use and caused you to flip. This is one reason I never smoke weed. I had a really bad experience like that once and it took me a while to get past it. This was years ago and I'm fine now but still won't smoke weed even though it might help me with my TBPI nerve pain.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

i have never done any other drug other than weed. i had taken an nasal inhalant allergant medication earlier that morning, but i doubt that had anything to do with it. my friend said, jokingly, it was because it was the good stuff. I wonder if it was because i was really paranoid about it? I dont usually smoke with people I don't know and i started to get really paranoid and suspicious. That might have caused it? I'm not sure but i don't want it to happen again, so i'm giving up weed. you can contact me on AIM my s/n is WrzHydr
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Is anyone up to 200mg a day? I am on 100mg a day but still tend to have a slight daily chronic headache. I wonder if upping the dose to 150mg or 200mg a day would do away with my headaches completely? Anyone have any insight? My head used to pound everyday. The topamax is my wonder drug...by the way...When does the weight come off??? I sure would like to see that side effect!
Kendra