Owen 2nd Surgery

Forum for parents of injured who are seeking information from other parents or people living with the injury. All welcome
orabshire

Owen 2nd Surgery

Post by orabshire »

We are back from TX. Owen had the Mod Quad last Tuesday. During the first surgery we met a really nice couple from Colorado and coordinated the 2nd surgery together again for Owen's new friend Adam.

We were so nervous about how Owen was going to react to the surgery once again. We feared the worst, but Owen went through it well. He already learned how to walk around already with his arm in the air and it doesn't phase him. We are relieved that it doesn't seem painful and it doesn't upset him. Too realize that he is the same bundle of joy afterwards is such a relief. He will get iritated sometimes, but that's normal. Thanks to our new friends and everyone on UBPN for their suppport.

For other parents like us who stress themself out, remember, they will be just fine :) It's the parents who need a prescription for pain most of the time :)

We really appreciate your support!
WendyB

Re: Owen 2nd Surgery

Post by WendyB »

can I ask how old your boy is?
which surgeries has he had done?
Francine_Litz

Post by Francine_Litz »

Roy - glad to hear that things went well. I wish your little guy an easy recovery. I hope days fly by really fast!!
-francine
Tammie

Post by Tammie »

You're so right, Roy, we do stress ourselves out. But the good thing about that is that we have the boards. Someone has already done that...be there, so that can be beneficial for others. I'm glad to hear that Owen is doing well. The MQ was really an easy surgery compared to the primary. (my opinion) Wishing him a speedy recovery!
orabshire

Post by orabshire »

Owen just turned 1 Sept. 27th. He had primary at 7 months and Mod Quad at 12.5 months.