Topomax

Treatments, Rehabilitation, and Recovery
Tura

Re: Topomax

Post by Tura »

My neighbor takes Topomax 2 times a day, i think 25mg each time, but doc wants to up it if its helping her. She takes this because of strokes she has had and cause her right hands fingers have involentary movement, because of the strokes and her right arm doesnt work well. Interestingly tonite at emergency, and i thought it was just the fall affecting her, she had memory loss. Question is this safe to take with Vicodan? I forgot to ask emergency doc that cause i didnt have name of med with us to show him. Anyone else takeing this for stroke problems? Thanks Tura
jwtt

Post by jwtt »

I started using using Topomax 10 days ago and I am now at 25 mg twice a day. I immediately noticed a decrease in snacking desire. I will eventually get up to 400 mg. I am taking it for hyper brain activity along with Zonegran and I also need to loose weight. I have been on the Zonegran for six weeks now and my mind feels very clear. Very different than Prozac and Paxil and sleeping all day. Years of miss diagnosis.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

I'm with you Kathy. I'm been on Topomax for eight months. I still have a migraine sometimes but for the most part, I haven't felt this good since the headaches started over 14 years ago. lh
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

I am trying to do some research on what effect Topomax has on memory. I would greatly appreciate your help. Please describe the effect(try to be as specific and descriptive as possible) of Topomax on your memory, list the amount of Topomax you are taking, and how long you have taken it. If you are taking other medications list them and the amount of them you are taking. Thank you for your help.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

I've been on anti-depressants for many years, since 1992 and have gained a lot of weight initially which still has not come off. Right now, I'm on 150 mg of Zoloft and 75 mg of Effexor and I'm feeling the best I've felt in a long time. I had an appointment yesterday with my doctor and we discussed putting me on Topomax - 25 mg at night and 25 mg in the morning. I have a high tolerance for medication, and I've had memory loss with other medications. I'm hoping that taking the Topomax will at least let me lose a few pounds.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Has anyone heard of using Topomax to help reduce cravings for alcohol? I am just beginning a 25mg/day dosage and will increase every two weeks to get to a point where it "works." How long does it take to begin working on the usual symptoms (seizures, migraines, etc.)? I'm willing to live with short-term side effects if it will help cure my alcohol problem.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Hi,
My Doctor put me on topomax for severe neck pain, headaches and muscle pain which I have had for over three years now. I've tried physical therapy and every pain medication out there. My doctor decided to send me to a pain clinic because she figured I was becoming addicted to vicodin. I have been o topomax 3 weeks now and feeling great. I have lost a few pounds but am holding steady now. My husband can't believe the difference in me. I take 75 mil. a night. If I feel a slight tingle in my hands once in a while I feel its worth the exchange. I feel like I did 20 years ago. Thanks for listening.
admin
Site Admin

Re: Topomax and hairloss

Post by admin »

you are a twit
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

your still a JA
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

I've been taking Topomax for about 9 months now for chronic migrains. I've experienced most of the side effects everyone else has mentioned, but I have been getting less headaches. It takes time for the medication to work. The doctor should've mentioned something about two - three months before your daughter will notice if the medication is working.