Introductions

Forum for parents of injured who are seeking information from other parents or people living with the injury. All welcome
jennyinsandiego

Re: Introductions

Post by jennyinsandiego »

Hi everyone!
Eric and I just had our 12th anniversary. We have six kids; 11,9,7,5,3 and 1. My 3yo has cerebral palsy and my 1yo has the bpi. (c7,8,t1 were avulsed and c4,5,6 were ruptured) We have flown to TX twice and are looking at trip three in the spring. Eric is an electrician and I stay at home with the kids. I'm studying herbalism. My hat's off to those of you who can manage a job and family, I don't know how you do it. We live about an hour east of San Diego, where you can still buy a house without giving away your firstborn, LOL
momofnickelman

Post by momofnickelman »

My name is Georgie and my DH is Nick. We have 3 beautiful children...Samantha (10), Megan (8) and Nicholas (severe robpi) who will be 3 in December. Nicholas has had 4 surgeries at TCH so far with more surgeries in his future. We live in Independence, KY which is about 20 minutes south of Cincinnati, Ohio. I am a "stay at home" mom which is a dumb title because I am not at home much. I should say I am a dedicated mother/therapist of Nicholas because that would fit better (plus I get paid in two handed hugs and kisses!)
LisaL

Post by LisaL »

My name is Lisa and my husband is Clint. We have one daughter, Hannah (LOBPI) who will be two next month. My husband works as a compliance officer and I am just now going to back to work as a consultant. Hannah has had the primary and MQ at TCH. I'm also the coordinator for the NC BPI Functions.

Lisa
Angie-D

Post by Angie-D »

I am Angie mother of Elyse 10 yrs old and
Kayla 7 yrs (RBPI). Kayla has had 4 surgeries on the arm and 3 surgeries on the lung.
Angie
JaimeC

Post by JaimeC »

My name is Jaime. My husband is Frank and we've been married 11 years. We have two sons, Tyler - almost 8 - LOBPI, and Samuel 2 1/2 - wild man extraordinaire. We live in Kansas, near Kansas City. I'm a radiology nurse and my husband is an editor of pilot and aircraft information manuals at a publishing company. Tyler has had 3 surgeries to date, one at 2, one at 4 and one at 7. He missed primary nerve grafting because we didn't have access to all this wonderful information here. And neither apparently did our doctors or therapists. He may be facing another surgery soon. He's a REALLY cool kid!
Cherie - you're a librarian? Cool - that's my dream job. hee hee!!
Jaime
Brandi

Post by Brandi »

Hello,
My name is Brandi (Secretary/Sales at a Jewelry store), and my husband's name is Greg (technician for Dodge-Ford). We live in a small town called Nevada in Missouri.

We have three girls, Megan (10 and healthy), Elizabeth (4, who has a heredirary Fibrod Cyst Problem, and has had 2 surgeries removing 4 cysts), and Julia (2, LOBPI).

Our doctor has recommended TES for Julia, and we are in the process of getting a machine for her. We have not had any surgeries. although they have not ruled any out. Julia has good use of her arm, but has winging and a few other problems.

Brandi
Brandi

Post by Brandi »

I also had to add that I am so glad to hear that some employers realize how valuable there employees are. I worked for Crane Plumbing as an Incentive Payroll Clerk and had to quit because they would not work around my therapy scheduele, thank God the Jewelry store that I had work at for six years had an opening, and they are great to work around my scheduels!
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Hello Everyone!
My name is Kara, wife to Jusitn and mother to Mackenzie (just turned 4! hurray!) and Jared (RBPI/will be 3 in January).
We all live in Janesville Wisconsin! I am a stay at home home/turned student/turned part time employee for a health clinic. My husband is a roof inspector for southern Wisconsin and Chicago areas.
Mackenzie is THE most supportive and helpful 4 year old I've ever known! She loves her "little" (he is actually bigger than she is)brother dearly. She makes that boy use his arm! And our precious Jared is having his first surgery in one week with doctor Shenaq! He is a handsome little man with determination and love that is rare...
I like to brag about my babies!
Joni

Post by Joni »

Hi, I'm Joni, mom to Machera who is 4 with RBPI, and Jaya (16 mos.), and wife to Pat. I work for the EPA and am a student, and my husband is a police officer. We live in Denver,Colorado. We have a support group here in Colorado with about 10 families now, so if there is anyone new around our area please feel free to contact me for support info! jsandoval819@aol.com
God bless!
Karrie in MD.

Post by Karrie in MD. »

Karrie here...wife (20 yrs.) to David, mother to
Daniel-19, Derek-18, Kristin-13, & Kyle-5(LOBPI). Kyle has had the mod quad & caps at TCH. I run a family daycare during the day and am a GNA at a nursing home nights/weekends. David is a sales manager for a building company. We live in Maryland. Welcome to newcomers, and Hi again to the "old timers". Have a nice day everyone!