Topamax Side effects!!!

Treatments, Rehabilitation, and Recovery
admin
Site Admin

Re: Topamax Side effects!!!

Post by admin »

Thanks for the information. I'm researching still. It seems slow though. I went to get an ultrasound of my kidneys today and they are normal, thank God. However, something hurts inside of me. I don't know what. I've started to urinate more than normal. I just thought it was because I was drinking more water. My Creatinine level is high and I'm not diabetic and I don't have high blood pressure and never have been.
Brenda Bland

Post by Brenda Bland »

I have a personal and embarrassing question for people who take Topamax. Does anyone suffer from sexual problems? Yes, I am being honest. Not being able to reach orgasm. I was looking on here to see if that is a side effect and have not found it. I have been taking Topamax with Wellbutrin for about a month now and that and being really tired during the day are the only real side effects I have had. I have not had near as many headaches as I used to have.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

I just began taking topamax 50 mg in the AM 100 in the pm and I have desire to eat, all sodas take like metal,and my eyes feel like they are going to bulge out of my head. I swear that my pupils look dialated. I am taking it for cyclothymia. Anyone else have these effects?

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

what else can you tell me about this numb feeling/lack of circulation in the legs/etc?
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Hey Folks- Same effects w/ tegritol, topamax ect- thought I was going blind and crazy. Then I tried trileptol--thought I was going blind and crazy AND had the flu. Have had no joy at all with seizure meds. None. Ronin
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Hi Mary, I am on Topamax for migraine pain and have worked up to 75 mg. I have not heard voices or the "radio", however, I am experiencing severe depression and cognitive processing problems. My migraines have not gone away, however, they are less severe when I do get one. I have just made the decision this past weekend to get off from the drug because my depression was so severe that I had suicidal thoughts. I'm not telling this to you to scare you...just for awareness of possible effects. Hopefully you will have better luck with it! My search for a drug will continue. Lisa
Paul585

Post by Paul585 »

Billy thats prety bad stoff...............Paul
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

wow... so much to read.

I have been on Topamax for almost 6 months. 100 mgs a day. I suffered from severe migraines, 2-3 a month. Since the Topamax I have had ONE migraine. ONE. That is it.

The numbness/tingliness in my hands and feet went away after 2 months. I have lost some weight. I sleep without sleeping meds (a FIRST for me)... No depression, no confusion... So, all in all I have had no trouble. (Brenda, sex is fine!)

I don't hear a radio, or voices, or anything unusual, however, I have had some problems in the last month with muffled hearing, and am wondering if it is related or just coincidence.

Has anyone noticed a LOSS in hearing clarity, a muffling of sound, in one or both ears, inconsistent, changing at times throughout the day? The muffleness sometimes seems to be a roar, drowning out the sound.

I have had two hearing tests which indicate some loss in high/low range, but (of course) it is never as bad when I am having the test. Decongestants, Anti-bacterials, Anti-Viruls, Steroids...These are all being tried in an effort to regain my hearing.

I do not want to give up the Topamax. 6 Months/1 Migraine... VS 23-30 in the last year alone???

yet...
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

I have been taking Topamax for about a month now. I only take 25mg but and working up - for migraines. I am still having the migranes...it's not helping yet. I can't sleep well at night, I have crazy dreams, more like vivid nightmares. I toss and turn, and sweat. Food tastes different to me, I have lost a sense of taste for some foods. I do feel depressed, maybe it's all in my head since I am taking such a small dose right now. What I am most concerned about, is getting pregnate. The topamax makes my birth control pills less strong, and I didn't realize this. I want to have kids in the next year or two, and don't know how long it will take to dry out the Topamax in my system. I have read in passing that in lab animals the drug had nasty effects on the fetus. Has anyone read any specific information regarding this subject. I am not looking forward to being on this medicine for the rest of my life and harming any future baby, but I need the migraines to stop too.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

I am on only 50mg/day (take them only at night). Went up to 75mg/day. Had to go back to 50 because I could not work during the day...it made me quite sleepy.
Side effects:
Yes - no orgasm, just cannot reach to that point any more.
Sleepy all the time. Although I have cut my sleeping pill.
Memory loss, cannot function or think properly (My job requires thinking...some of us are scientists or engineers with a life).
Urination: have to go many times, and there is something wrong with my kidneys...
Diarrhea...
My stomach is swollen all the time.
Haven't lost any weight if not gained.
BUT my migraines have decreased...used to get them at least 3 times a month..now once a month.
My Family doctor is a retard...so I have to do all the research. and I think I will be going off the medication soon...after reading all these complaints..it is not worth, rather take the pain and go to emergency with my migraines, than lose my brain and have disfunctional kidneys.