dressing post caps surgery

Forum for parents of injured who are seeking information from other parents or people living with the injury. All welcome
crestmom7411

dressing post caps surgery

Post by crestmom7411 »

I have a question regarding dressing my son, (Matt), after he has the Caps surgery (Nov. 4, 2003). It is as simple as this, how do I dress him after the Caps surgery? I know pretty silly huh. I am trying to figure out what size shirts to buy and what I have to do with them to make them fit him. It is so confusing.
Thanks,
Kelly
JaimeC

Re: dressing post caps surgery

Post by JaimeC »

Hi Kelly, there's no silly questions! For my son, who had it last December, I bought stretchy knit t-shirts and just slid them right over his splint. They worked better than button-up shirts for us because the button-ups just aren't stretchy and as such, weren't as comfortable. I bought size 8's and he was wearing 6-7's at the time. I just rolled up the sleeves if they were too long. No problems! Good luck in November.
Jaime
elizabethdh27

Re: dressing post caps surgery

Post by elizabethdh27 »

Hi My daughter just had the caps surgery last monday and I wasn't expecting the surgery, so I didn't have any clothes for her splint. But once I got home I also bought the cotton shirts, that just stretched right over the brace, even with the support bar. I bought 2 sizes larger than what she wears and they fit her perfect. Oh I also start with the arm in the brace slide it over and put her head thru then slide over the other side and off we go!! Good luck in November.