marymom

Forum for parents of injured who are seeking information from other parents or people living with the injury. All welcome
jennyb
Injury Description, Date, extent, surgical intervention etc: January 1980 Yamaha RD200 vs 16 wheeler truck, result, 1 totally paralysed right arm. I was 21, now 54. I had no surgery, I don't regret this. Decided to totally ignore limitations (easily done aged 21) adapted very quickly to one handed life, got married, had 3 kids, worked- the effect of the injury on my life (once the pain stopped being constant) was minimal and now, aged 54, I very rarely even think of it, unless I bash it or it gets cold, then I wish I'd had it amputated :) Except for a steering knob on my car, I have no adaptations to help with life, mainly because I honestly don't think of myself as disabled and the only thing I can't do is peel potatoes, which is definitely a good thing.

marymom

Post by jennyb »

.....in reply to your post on the uk board, my email addy is jennybradley@xtra.co.nz . Hope you're replacing all your lost info, a puter meltdown is pretty traumatic!
admin
Site Admin

Re: marymom

Post by admin »

yeah, I did, it wasnt that traumatic to me but I do hate going to email someone and not having their addy...
whatis more traumatic is that ever since the melt down and recovery from it I have not been able to post on here except as a guest...go figure...?
Anyways, thanks, Ive emailed you already :)
Kathleen

Post by Kathleen »

Marymom

Not that I am a computer wiz... but perhaps if you changed your name you could sign in...

Creating a new profile... Mary mom - maybe that way you can keep your name and sign in... just by adding a space you would be a new person....
just a thought

Kath
jennyb
Injury Description, Date, extent, surgical intervention etc: January 1980 Yamaha RD200 vs 16 wheeler truck, result, 1 totally paralysed right arm. I was 21, now 54. I had no surgery, I don't regret this. Decided to totally ignore limitations (easily done aged 21) adapted very quickly to one handed life, got married, had 3 kids, worked- the effect of the injury on my life (once the pain stopped being constant) was minimal and now, aged 54, I very rarely even think of it, unless I bash it or it gets cold, then I wish I'd had it amputated :) Except for a steering knob on my car, I have no adaptations to help with life, mainly because I honestly don't think of myself as disabled and the only thing I can't do is peel potatoes, which is definitely a good thing.

Post by jennyb »

It might mean you lost your cookies mary, that can happen after a puter meltdown- I have no idea what cookies even are but if losing the ones in your puter is as bad as losing REAL cookies then it would be a DISASTER lolol
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

hahahaha
lost my cookies
oh yeah
haha,
I just need 30 free minutes to sit down and play with it probably, from disabling the cookies, or enabling them, disabling my antivirus or something,
Kath, thanks for the idea but the program wont let me even click in, I get an error reading when trying to sign in with my name or anyone elses, instead of the regiter screen I get an error screen

worse things have happened in my life