Shriner's in Minnesota

Forum for parents of injured who are seeking information from other parents or people living with the injury. All welcome
Rachel

Shriner's in Minnesota

Post by Rachel »

Hello Everyone! We will be spending a month in Minnesota this summer and I was wondering if someone could give me the numbers for the Shriner's in Minneapolis.....I know there were a few people who used to post on the board who go there. Thanks so much!
Rachel
mom_2x_2002

Re: Shriner's in Minnesota

Post by mom_2x_2002 »

Hi Rachel-

We took Hannah there last summer to see Dr. Drake. He is no longer there as far as I know. I got a letter some time last year stating that they weren't taking any more patients that they don't have the funding anymore. I could be mistaken. But we never continued with our follow-up care there. Just got a 3rd opionion from TX. Here is the link if you want to find out more about Shriners

www.shriners.com
Shriners Hospitals for Children/Twin Cities Admissions department at 612-596-6105 or 1-888-293-2832 (toll-free).

Couldn't hurt to call and see if I got my information messed up.

hope this helps
Nicki
Rachel

Post by Rachel »

Thank You Nicki. I will give them a call. Can't hurt to try, right?
m&mmom

Post by m&mmom »

Good luck Rachel. If you ever get out to the east coast there is a Shriner's in Philadelphia PA.
Cindy
hope16

Post by hope16 »

THe Shriners Hospital in Minneapolis might be closing soon like in December, and there is only one dr. there that does the bpi stuff I saw her in may and I really dont like the way she treated me. THe is A shriners in Chicago that might be better that the one in Minneapolis. From Experience I have seen every dr. that did bpi stuff in minneapolis shriners and dr drake was the first -- he did the wrong surgery first-- then I had dr. Cooney he was good but he does not work at shriners anymore he works at Mayo. -- then there was dr. caterenzic and she was great. But is no longer in the practice she is a stay at home mom I think. -- And last dr there was dr vanheest, I did not like her attitude, she did not seem to care and tells you that there is nothing that they can do and she shot down every one of my ideas without any explanation. I would reccommend a shriners they are so nive and they work with you for travel and a place to stay, and the surgeries are free. They have helped me a lot. I just wouldnt go to the one in Minneapolias.
Lots of luck,
Amy