I have Erbs palsy but it doesn't stop me...

Forum for parents of injured who are seeking information from other parents or people living with the injury. All welcome
admin
Site Admin

I have Erbs palsy but it doesn't stop me...

Post by admin »

Hello,
My name is Ruby and I have Erbs Palsy in my left arm. I've had it all my like ( of course) and its been 16 years! But that doen't stop me from doing the things that i enjoy doing. I've been in Dance for 13 going on 14 years now. I perform all the time at my Performing arts High School as a Dance major, with my Dance school once a year, and with a small up coming Dance company. I've even recieved an award for "Best Dancer in Grade level" once!! That was AWESOME! I have also been playing the Piano now for 10 years recieving private lessons once a week, and participating in the annual recital. Erbs will not stop me from what I love to do because I know that I am no different from everyone else. It will not bring me down for I am proud that I am able to accomplish the things that I do! If you have a physical injury don't let it bring you down!!I am a 16 yr old senior in high school and I just want to say: "Do what you want to do, live life, have fun because life is short."
Peace and God Bless.
Dean-na

Re: I have Erbs palsy but it doesn't stop me...

Post by Dean-na »

Ruby,

You sound like you have a great out look on life. I know that your family must be really proud for you to accomplish all that you have.

I also believe your as "limited" as you want to be. I am a 31 ROBPI. I know my limitations.

Wow! the piano. I wanted to play the piano, but my arm/shoulder/hands said no way!

Keep doing what your doing, apparently it works.

Take care,

Deanna
hope16

Post by hope16 »

Hey Ruby,
I congratulate you on all of your accomplishments. I just wanted to let you know that you are totally right to be only s limited as you want to be. I am also a 16 year old with Erb's Palsy. I have never let it stop me. I have played softball since I was in the third grade. I will be a junior this fall. I was even in gymnastics for a year.
Any way If you want to talk more you can email me at hope16_05@hotmail--- or yahoo.
And if you have msn messenger mine is hope16_05
By the way my name is Amy and my erb's palsy is on my right side.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

You all are so inspiring. I teach High School and was greatly encouraged to see people who are older "going for it" despite what others say and despite what their possible limitations might be. Hope 16 - My 4 month old ROBPI is named Amy too. Amy means "beloved". Her middle name is Lauren which means "victory." I hope she inspires others like you. Keep the spirit, Debbie
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

thankyou so much for posting,
it means alot to many moms I am sure!
Ruby, did you have any surgery?
Francine_Litz

Post by Francine_Litz »

Ruby - if you don't mind I will be printing off your post and saving it in a scrapbook for Maia. You have no idea how much it helps us to hear from people like you! It gives us so much hope for our kids! I hope we get to meet you some day.

Thank you so much!
big hugs,
francine
hope16

Post by hope16 »

Debbie, that is neat to know that your little girl shares my name, which I found another meaning for--serene in spirit, a beloved friend--I like that one. My middle name also starts with L but is lynn. Any way Thanks for saying that, stuff like that is what keeps me going. I will keep the spirit. And always remember to tell your little Amy to shoot for the stars. She can do whatever she sets her mind to.
Amy