ROLL CALL ( LURKERS TOO!!!!!!! )

Treatments, Rehabilitation, and Recovery
Kathleen M

Re: ROLL CALL ( LURKERS TOO!!!!!!! )

Post by Kathleen M »

Jenny

Thanks to you for doing all the number crunching... that is big task...

Tell us does the number crunching warm up the body?

Its winter in NZ now right? Don't feel bad I think its still winter here in New York... no sun... no warmth... no spring... yet!

Thanks again for all your hard work... This is an eye opening thread.

Kath
jennyb
Injury Description, Date, extent, surgical intervention etc: January 1980 Yamaha RD200 vs 16 wheeler truck, result, 1 totally paralysed right arm. I was 21, now 54. I had no surgery, I don't regret this. Decided to totally ignore limitations (easily done aged 21) adapted very quickly to one handed life, got married, had 3 kids, worked- the effect of the injury on my life (once the pain stopped being constant) was minimal and now, aged 54, I very rarely even think of it, unless I bash it or it gets cold, then I wish I'd had it amputated :) Except for a steering knob on my car, I have no adaptations to help with life, mainly because I honestly don't think of myself as disabled and the only thing I can't do is peel potatoes, which is definitely a good thing.

Post by jennyb »

hahaa kath NOTHING warms up the body in the depth of NZ winter. Well, nothing I can get away with doing all the time, anyway.....
I have surgical stocking on my arm from my shoulder to my fingertips, plus one of those nice mittens from Target (thanks Tina) plus a sock over the top. I carry a heated wheat bag at all times and when I go to see my son play soccer I wear a coat with a big sleeve and shove a hot water bottle down there as WELL as all the above. Mmmmmmm sexy :0) It's actually not as cold here as it was in England but kiwis think central heating and home insulation is for weedy types, so it tends to be winter INSIDE the house as well as outside. The constant chill is setting my pain off constantly so it's not an ideal situation. I'll give it one more winter and if our new house (insulated, heated, yayyyy) doesn't help matters then I'm considering amputation. Big step, I know, but an arm dangling around is one thing, an arm that feels like a popsicle and constantly burns with pain is quite another, and this cold stops me horse riding and gardening in the winter, which sucks.
Paul

Post by Paul »

Ok Jenny I agrey this string beats that topamax string. I like this one ................Paul
athos

Post by athos »

Yeah, that number cruncing is really helpful. Thanks a lot. really appreciate it
JJMCats

Post by JJMCats »

My husband has the injury. He had Cervical Spine Fusion C4-C5 and C5-C6 for numbness,tingling of hands and right side of face, and neck pain. He came out of surgery with a Brachial Plexus Injury on his right dominant side.This was 14 months ago with no improvement. We are looking for similar cases.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Courtney Edlinger...23 year old college student in Michigan, right tbpi april 2001! Keep this board going!! I LOVE IT!!!
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

I have a left TBPI injured in '93 only checked out boards a few times but my mom reads often. Jeff
jennyb
Injury Description, Date, extent, surgical intervention etc: January 1980 Yamaha RD200 vs 16 wheeler truck, result, 1 totally paralysed right arm. I was 21, now 54. I had no surgery, I don't regret this. Decided to totally ignore limitations (easily done aged 21) adapted very quickly to one handed life, got married, had 3 kids, worked- the effect of the injury on my life (once the pain stopped being constant) was minimal and now, aged 54, I very rarely even think of it, unless I bash it or it gets cold, then I wish I'd had it amputated :) Except for a steering knob on my car, I have no adaptations to help with life, mainly because I honestly don't think of myself as disabled and the only thing I can't do is peel potatoes, which is definitely a good thing.

Post by jennyb »

back to top, put your name, location and cause of injury if you wanna be counted in the next crunch.....
....114 peeps signed on this thread, where are they all now? Hoping some got recovery and never even think of bpi now......:0)
cbe411
Injury Description, Date, extent, surgical intervention etc: MVA in 2001, nerve graph in 2002, Median Nerve Transfer in 2004 and an unsuccessful Gracillis Muscle Transfer in 2006. I am living life and loving it! Feel free to contact me :)

Post by cbe411 »

Hey Courtney here from MI, RBPI from an automobile accident 4.15.01. I found this website just over a month ago and it has been great! Thanks to everyone that keeps it going!!!
~Courtney xoxo
Paul

Post by Paul »

Hey jennyb whats a peep? I'm I a peep? How are you? Paul