Anyone wanting to pray for healing of their baby's bpi

Forum for parents of injured who are seeking information from other parents or people living with the injury. All welcome
admin
Site Admin

Re: Anyone wanting to pray for healing of their baby's bpi

Post by admin »

That is trully beautiful. I couldnt have put it better. I have been on this journey also since Megan was born in 1996. I have put all faith in God and begged him to heal her or just let me see a small improvement. Then I got angry. We too had the surgeries and therapy since birth, I prayed for instant success. And then I got angry. I got so caught up in wondering- why us????? I still get angry but I have since found a place where I too am just so thankful to see my little girl run and play and laugh. I was praying for the wrong things. Also I wasnt seeing the small miracles that were all around me. She is beautiful, and I know God has a plan for us. I think we all feel the same emotions and we just have to find a "good place" so that we can be okay with our feelings. The thought of surgery is so scary but the thought of what if I had had surgery and now it is too late.......that is scary too. b][/b]
mom_2x_2002

Post by mom_2x_2002 »

Dian- I too will add your son to my prayer list. When Hannah was born 3-28-00. I wondered "Why God, why us, Why Hannah??" I only can say that I believe God has a purpose for Hannah. I may not know it now. But she may know it when she is older. Our family prayers diligently for Hannah's healing. I believe God has began the healing in her arm. I didn't think she would ever move her arm. And she has. She is able to do alot of things more then what she was able to do at birth.

I also believe that God has used this situation as a wake up call for myself. "Trust in me (God) Nicki to take care of your baby" That is what I did. Trusted God to take care of my every need. And the needs of my child.

I also believe that God uses Drs. & therapist to take care of children.

Nicki
Joann in PA

Post by Joann in PA »

Layne I completely agree with you. When Joey was born we brought our tape player with us into the birthing room so that Christian music would be playing when he was born. The song that was playing as he was being injured was "Because He Lives" by the Gaithers. If you are familiar with the second verse of that song you will know why that is so precious to me. I have prayed for healing for my sons arm and after 4 surgeries it is just not happening. I have come to accept this and be thankful to God for all the blessings that has come out of this and the growth it has propelled me to take. Joey is completely at peace with his arm. He is 8 years old but has put his trust in Jesus and knows God's plans are greater than ours. Praise the Lord! That kind of faith is worth more than a fully functioning arm in my opinion! I continue to pray for protection for Joey and his arm but ultimately trust in God's will to see us through come what may. May God bless you all and keep you!
Layne

Post by Layne »

I think this is a really great thread because we need peace. I remember telling my husband that if Ian was born with Downs Syndrome, I could handle it better because he would be coming from God that way. My son is never going to be "normal". Someone made a mistake. But then I thought, what if this is Ian's major trial in life... my attitude affects him whether positive or negative; I need to arm him(no pun intended...LOL)with power and strength. No, he was not formed in the womb with a BPI, but I believe that things happen that we cannot control and we can either get hardened and angry or we can learn and bless our lives and those around us. I get screwed up before surgery (we are going for the Mod Quad on the 16th) but I know that God has led us to the people that can help. Not everyone needs surgical intervention, some people use accupuncture, some kids really do heal on their own with therapy. But I believe that if we listen, we will know which direction to take to better our lives and the lives of our children. Especially on those days when we don't want to listen and are tired of dealing with all the garbage that goes along with this injury. I cannot speak from too much experience because my son is still so young, but I know that there are people fighting non stop to get the aid their children need, and I know that they will be blesed for their efforts. Anyway, it is like midnight and I am making NO sense... I am getting pretty nervous about surgery, but I know that we have made the right choice for us, and that we will continue to be blessed as long as we do all that we can do. I pray for all of you and your sweet beautiful babies. We are such a great group of people because we are strong. Strength comes from being tried. Have a great night. We needed this thread I think. It is good to talk about this no matter what religion we are, no matter our differences. We need to nurture our spirits too.
admin
Site Admin

Re:Can you pray for my son? Thanks!

Post by admin »

Well since we're all talking about prayer and I see that many of you pray for each other, can you pray for my son to be able to get his operation that he needs for rbp at Texas Children's. I applied for a free operation. They have not told me yet if they will. I have been waiting quite some time for this and have left it in the Lord's Hands but do believe that prayer changes things and so I'm praying for it to work out. Will you pray too? His name is Michael and he is the sweetest and dearest little boy, (well, he's mine).
I would also like to come to the camp but found out too late so can't apply for sponsorship but perhaps I can manage another way, don't know but if you can keep that in your prayes too, I would certainly appreciate it. Thank you so much!
Really appreciate all your tips, suggestions and comments. I marvel at the human spirit and how much depth each one has. I know our kids will benefit from their injuries and somehow, even if we can't see it, it will make them better people and develop their characters in ways that perhaps we couldn't. God bless you and good night! Renee
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

I have been reading thru this thread and I was moved and touched by what many of you said. I know that all my difficulties in life are what have made me who I am and have given me a deep and abiding faith. I lost a son during birth many years ago and while it was tough, I never had the type of grief that knocked me out. I know that it was all due to Jesus and His arms holding me up each day. Though I would never like to go through it again, I look back and see what it gave me and did for me as a person and the compassion and understanding I now have for others who face loss like this. And the wonderful thing is, I know I will see him again and he is well and whole and has been raised by the greatest Father there is. He's 17 this Sept.
Sometimes I even whisper to him in the night, knowing that he hears me and one day we'll see each other again face to face.
They say that the world's most beautiful sounding violins come from wood not grown in peaceful forests but on the top of mountains where storms rage and the wood is tested. Tough growth but such a beautiful sound.
I guess life brings so many things we don't expect but I think character is formed by some of these things and the same for our wonderful children. They may have to try harder and endure more than most but somehow I think they'll benefit from being on the mountain and facing some of those storms. From what I can see from reading your e-mails, you all have. Thanks for all your comments. They were great to read and sorry if I preached too much! Ha!
Renee
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

My younger sister Erica often posts on this site. She is 22 ROBPI. I know many of you know of her. Along with her BP injury she also has some major mental issues. I remeber when I was a teenager and we were taught in seminary about Jesus healing all those people, and even raising the dead. I prayed so hard for her to be made whole again. I did not understand why my entrence to the world was perfect yet my just younger sister was scarred and disfigured horrifically. Somehow I blame myslelf, especially for the mental issues. I thank my Father in Heaven for not answering my families prayers the way we wanted them answered. I am going to college to be a recreation therapist. Growing up with a sister with a variety of problems I have a natural ease with people with disabilities. I am comfortable with all types of people. I try to be her support and advocate. I went with her to Texas and was with her when she found out from Dr. Nath the surgeries many of you get for your children would never be a possibility for my dear sister.
I love my sister and am so grateful that she is in my life. I used to pray that she would be completely healed. Now my prayers are to give her the strength that she needs to get through life, that she is able to get the right kind of help.
Francine_Litz

Post by Francine_Litz »

Jilliane - thank you for sharing what you did.
Your are a GREAT sister to Erica!
big hugs,
francine
Dean-na

Post by Dean-na »

Jilliane...Erica is lucky to have such a caring sister. I wished my sisters were more like you. I have 3 of my own. Since I am the baby of the family (5th child) & a 31 ROBPI, my sister next to me always (probably still does) thought it was a way for me to get attention....hello!!! does she not realize that I didn't ask to be like this.

Take care,

Deanna