Taking a stroller to TX

Forum for parents of injured who are seeking information from other parents or people living with the injury. All welcome
mom_2x_2002

Taking a stroller to TX

Post by mom_2x_2002 »

We were going to take our stroller with us in July. But lately when we go places She doesn't want to ride in a stroller. She tells us she wants to walk. And I end up pushing this empty stroller around. Any thoughts on it? Hannah is 3. I just don't know.

Nicki
Francine_Litz

Re: Taking a stroller to TX

Post by Francine_Litz »

take it because she might not feel so up to running around an airport after the surgery... but how about just taking an umbrella stroller so that it's not a huge thing to carry around?
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

I agree with Francine, a stroller is a big plus, because after surgery they might not want to walk and they are really heavy to carry with a splint on, let alone awkward !
mom_2x_2002

Post by mom_2x_2002 »

thanks!!

I think you are both right. We have an umbrella stroller and I will use it!!!

Nicki
Julie-work

Post by Julie-work »

Something to think about...I don't know what type of surgery your daughter is going to have, but our daughter just had the caps surgery 2 weeks ago. We found that most strollers have too deep of a seat for the child to sit comfortably with their splint on. You may need to put a small pillow behind them or a folded blanket to bring them more forward. I also found a car seat that would accomodate the caps splint by taking her to different stores and sitting her in it while holding her arm out to the side. Most car seats curved in too much on the sides. But I found one that works great.
Allison

Post by Allison »

Smart move Nicki, umbrella stroller is the way to go! It was perfect at the airport. My mom and I also hung our carry on luggage on the handles! Bradley was able to sit comfortably with the SOL splint on. He was 12 months old at the time. Man, what a crew we must have looked like at the airport!
Sally

Post by Sally »

Julie,

Can I ask which car seat you ended up with? My son is scheduled to have the caps surgery in Oct. Right now, he is in a Century Next Step and I *think* that it will work (it did with his SOL splint), but I'd hate to get there and have it not work, if you know what I mean!

Thanks

Sally
Julie-work

Post by Julie-work »

Sally,

We bought the Evenflo Comet Booster seat. If you go to the Evenflo website you can see a picture of it and get all the specs. You can see that the sides don't curve in as much. Plus it allows you to easily lengthen/shorten the straps to get them in with the splint on. It is FAA approved to if you use the 5-point harness. If you have any other questions, let me know.
julie715

Post by julie715 »

I like having the stroller to carry jackets, sippy cup, diaper bag, leftover breakfast, etc. even if the kid is walking!