Thanks Lisa W. For NC BPI Function

Forum for parents of injured who are seeking information from other parents or people living with the injury. All welcome
carron

Thanks Lisa W. For NC BPI Function

Post by carron »

Just wanted to say thanks... It was a long drive for us but was happy to meet others and see Dr. Shenaq , Dr. Nelson and the therapist.
As far as Thomas He still has weak triceps and deltoid we are going to do e-stem on both and try the dynaslint. Other than that we are holding off on bicep lenthening till he is older.. They where happy to see Thomas raise his arm. Thanks again.
Francine_Litz

Re: Thanks Lisa W. For NC BPI Function

Post by Francine_Litz »

Carron - wow - sounds like you had a good time there...and good information.
How's your mom doing? How are you doing?
-francine
Tammie

Post by Tammie »

Lisa, I too wanted to thank you for planning this event. We just got home and had a great time at "A Taste of Charlotte." Thanks to Dr. Shenaq and Dr. Nelson for participating!

Unfortunately, the surgery is still on :(

Tammie
elizabethdh27

Post by elizabethdh27 »

Carron glad to see you guys made it back ok,and yes a big THANK -YOU to Lisa and everyone else who helped arrange the meeting, it was good seeing you and Thomas again. We ran into a hail storm coming back home. Dr. Shenaq recommended Mehgan for the pronator transfer to give her more function in her arm and the e-stem to her triceps also, let me know how Thomas takes his e-stem.

Has anyone else had the pronator transfer, to help with supination before, if so how did it turn out?
christy

Post by christy »

how old is Mehgan? I wasn't sure about what age they were considering the transfer...thanks! And glad to hear Dr. Nelson made it..I really liked her when katie had primary
elizabethdh27

Post by elizabethdh27 »

Mehgan is 3years old, we can supinate her left forearm, but she can not do it on her own. She has a radial head dislocation in her elbow as well. Dr.Shenaq and Dr. Nelson both said that it would give her more function in her arm. I hope so, but with these injuries it seems like one thing after another.