We're Home!

Forum for parents of injured who are seeking information from other parents or people living with the injury. All welcome
Julie

We're Home!

Post by Julie »

We got home last night from Texas. Our daughter handled the caps surgery really well. We had the "Happy Cocktail" before surgery, had the IV put in her foot so she could still suck her thumb, and took lots of The Wiggles videos to entertain her during the splinting process. Other than a meltdown in recovery which we expected this time, she handled things great. She only needed Tylenol w/codiene right after surgery and as standard procedure before the splinting process and that was it. Dr. Nath said that our daughter had good tissue to suture into so hopefully things will take the first time. Came home to deal with our other daughter who is encopretic and is having more difficulties holding her stool and my Grandfather died last night. Ironically our daughter's splint is the least of our concerns at this point!
Tami

Re: We're Home!

Post by Tami »

Julie,

Glad to hear that the surgery went well. My prayers are with you in regards to your grandfathers death.

Tami
UBPN
Kathyb

Post by Kathyb »

Welcome home!! So happy that things went well. I am sorry to hear of your grandfathers passing. kathy
Francine_Litz

Post by Francine_Litz »

Julie - sorry to hear about your grandfather and all the things you have to deal with now. At least one thing is now in the past and it's all forward from here.
Glad it all went well.
Take care of yourself, you have a lot on your plate right now. Find a moment for yourself and take a deep breath every now and then.
big hugs,
francine
PeggyF

Post by PeggyF »

Julie,

Our sincere condolences to your family on the loss of your grandfather.

I'm glad your daughter's surgery/splinting went well and hope that your other daughter's difficulties get better soon. I've never heard of the ternm "encopretic", but gather it's meaning from your post.

Hang in there...we're here if you need us.

Peggy