Surgery has any one had any success

Treatments, Rehabilitation, and Recovery
lizzyb

Re: Surgery has any one had any success

Post by lizzyb »

....you are dead right there Paul, no two injuries are ever the same ;0)...well done for thoroughly researching your injury and finding the right surgeons to work with at last; I know you have had so much trouble in the past with others ;0)

Liz

P.S. Your scars beat mine by miles! I thought mine were pretty bad until I read about yours!
Paul

Post by Paul »

Thanks Lizz thank you, thank you!!!!!!!!!!!
I can realy move my fingers now a day latter, with all the scar tissue off my tendons.........Paul
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

HI EVERYONE,
I AM IN MY 50'S AND WAS INJURED 7 WEEKS AGO, AND WAS DIAGNOSED WITH A TORN SUPRSPINATIS TENDON AND ACUTE MEDIAL CORD BRACHIAL PLEXOPATHY. (WHICH i BELIEVE IS JUST STRETCHED BRACHIAL PLEXUS INJURY OF THE NERVES). i DONT KNOW IF THAT IS A BAD THING OR NOT, THEY SAY IT WILL TAKE UP TO 1 1/2 YR TO RECOVER AND PROBABLY NOT EVER 100%.. PAIN IS UNBELIEVABLE IN SHOULDER, ARM HAND AND NECK. MY ARM FROM MY ELBOW AND LAST 3 FINGERS ARE NUMB BUT I CAN MOVE THEM. DOCTORS ARENT EXPLAINING VERY GOOD WHAT TO EXPECT. THEY HAVE ORDERED A NECK MRI NOW. IALREADY HAD A SHOULDER MRI. CAN ANYONE GIVE ME INFORMATION....I DID NOT HAVE A MOTORCYLE OR CAR ACCIDENT, I GOT MY INJURY FROM FALLING OFF A LADDER AND CATCHING MYSELF WITH ONE ARM AND REALLY JERKING IT. i HAVE SUCH EMPATHY FOR MOST OF YOU THAT I HAVE READ ABOUT.....I AM FEELING REALLY LUCKY, OR WILL THIS GET WORSE. I AM GETTING VERY FRUSTRATED AND SOMETIMES DEPRESSED BECAUSE EVERYONE THAT I TALK TO SEEMS TO HAVE THE REMEMDY FOR PULLED MUSCLE THEY GOT AT THE GYM OR DOING YARD WORK, ( THEY DONT UNDERSTAND THIS IS DIFFERENT)

THANKS
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

go Paul Good deal,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,Good work.Bob
Paul

Post by Paul »

Hi thanks. You gave no name. I guses you call your self thanks. Do not belive those DOCTORS that you are talking to, there back yard mechinces. Go see a spacilsist as soon as you can. We have a resorece area on this site of Doctors. Where are you from? Are you here in the states? Do have name other than thanks? It probley is a stretch and it shuold be looked at by the best doctors you can find. Paul
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

http://ubpn.org/medicalresources/

Above is our address for medical resources thair Guest/Mr. Thanks !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Paul
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

THANKS FOR THE MEDICAL RESOURCE PAUL)))))))))))))) MY NAME IS Bren THANKS FOR THE HELP.
Rob25

Post by Rob25 »

Hi everyone, just giving an update. I am so glad to tell everyone that it seems like all my muscles are responding, I can actually flex my bicep now, its still to weak to lift and my deltoid is tingling alot. I just want to thank everyone on this site because of the info that I got from this message board I made the moves that I did again thank you to all. Just want to ask a couple of questions, to anyone that has gone through this how long does it take to have your arm moving ok after the tingling? thank you in advance.
Paul

Post by Paul »

Rob good news !!!!!!!!!!!!!! When you say flex your bicep, you mean it jumps? And how do you triger that? Is that alot of work? Did you read that I have all my fingers working? the next day after the oparation.

Paul
Paul

Post by Paul »

Surgery has any one had any success !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I did my hand works !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Paul