Topomax

Treatments, Rehabilitation, and Recovery
admin
Site Admin

Re: Topomax for weight loss?

Post by admin »

I think Topomax makes food have a bad aftertaste. Also you don't get hungry so you don't eat. When I first started taking T, I read that diet soda had a bad taste, very flat. well that is true. And I find many foods taste flat. I eat small meals 4-5 times a day. Sortof like when I was pregnant. I have lost weight. But I make sure I eat and eat right.
admin
Site Admin

Re: Topomax

Post by admin »

I lost about 25 lbs and everyone thought I looked great. My headaches which were horrible were gone. Iwound up getting muscle and joint pain that no one attributed to the topomax because it is not is the warnings. Yet I have been on the drug 5 days and do not have the body pain that I have had for two years and countless other pain killers later. I am hoping my headaches don't come back. I was worried because I couldn't remember words anymore that were simple and had trouble spelling. Good luck.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Hi...I bagan taking topomax at the beginning of this week. I took 100mg on Tuesday night, and on Wednesday I felt extremely dehydrated and somewhat out of it. I took 100mg on Wednesday night. On Thursday I felt extremely dehydrated and light-headed. Additionally I felt forgetful and couldn't concentrate at work. I stopped taking it.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

why not try healthy diet, vitamins/minerals and bio feedback? Those sure helped our son.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

who's running this show: you, or your doctor?!
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

oh no don't let no doc run the show....just do your studies and tell them what to do.!!!!!!!!!!!!!! P
dinki

Post by dinki »

I have a friend that took this med 2 years ago and is still suffering from side effects of STM loss, decreased consentration, feeling like she is in a fog. Does anyone have any suggestions? She is off the med and has been for 1 year and 11months.
Nancy D

Post by Nancy D »

My doctor has prescribed this for weight loss. I don't have headaches or any other problems, just 100 pounds overweight. Would you go on it?
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

I was on depakote for quite a while for migraines and it worked very well except for the fact that it made me GAIN weight. Sounds like the PERFECT cure for you. I just made the switch to Tomopax and am currently suffering from confusion, numbness in hands and feet, along with flu-like symptoms. This board has given me hope that this will pass as I was going to call the doctor today to stop the medication. I decided to investigate before calling. Good luck to you and whenever you have a doctor that hands you pills and you don't understand what is going on - CHANGE DOCTORS!!!!!
Karen Hillyer

Post by Karen Hillyer »

Nancy
My brother HAS to take this drug for severe epileptic seizures, he HAS to suffer the dreadful side effects from it, short term memory loss, debilitating skin conditions, dystonia (shakes) dry mouth, mouth ulcers, hair loss, nail bed interruption, impaired liver function, dreadful weightloss.
He has no choice in the matter - I too am overweight, would I take it?
NEVER - IMO your Doctor is NOT doing you any favours by prescribing this drug for weight loss.
My brother is desparate to lower the dose and try and regain some of his mental capacity -sadly that's not an option for him.