BPI families - lung information that may be important

Forum for parents of injured who are seeking information from other parents or people living with the injury. All welcome
admin
Site Admin

Re: BPI families - lung information that may be important

Post by admin »

Does anyone know if getting really red cheeks during exercise is a sign of asthma? My daughter, Hannah (3 1/2 non BPI) always get such red cheeks when she runs around even if it isn't warm. I understand that activity bring forth body heat, but sometimes I really don't think that she should be getting so red in the face. She does have a couple of other signs leading towards asthma. Any knowledge about this floating around =) ?
Thanks!
Krista
jennyb
Injury Description, Date, extent, surgical intervention etc: January 1980 Yamaha RD200 vs 16 wheeler truck, result, 1 totally paralysed right arm. I was 21, now 54. I had no surgery, I don't regret this. Decided to totally ignore limitations (easily done aged 21) adapted very quickly to one handed life, got married, had 3 kids, worked- the effect of the injury on my life (once the pain stopped being constant) was minimal and now, aged 54, I very rarely even think of it, unless I bash it or it gets cold, then I wish I'd had it amputated :) Except for a steering knob on my car, I have no adaptations to help with life, mainly because I honestly don't think of myself as disabled and the only thing I can't do is peel potatoes, which is definitely a good thing.

Post by jennyb »

you know francine, your mum might just have been right on the nail with the honey, it contains powerful antibacterial agents, and New Zealand Manuka (or tea tree) honey is the most powerful of all. You can get it in the states http://www.manukahoneyusa.com/ I use it all the time for throat infections and skin infections both on the family and the dogs, cats and horses, it definitely works!
francine

Post by francine »

jenny - wow I would think that tea tree honey WOULD be really strong and good for things like this - even in the U.S. tea tree is in a LOT of things for those reasons.... I'm going to get some of that honey! I wonder what it tastes like... like tea tree oil?? (yuck - LOL)

jennyb
Injury Description, Date, extent, surgical intervention etc: January 1980 Yamaha RD200 vs 16 wheeler truck, result, 1 totally paralysed right arm. I was 21, now 54. I had no surgery, I don't regret this. Decided to totally ignore limitations (easily done aged 21) adapted very quickly to one handed life, got married, had 3 kids, worked- the effect of the injury on my life (once the pain stopped being constant) was minimal and now, aged 54, I very rarely even think of it, unless I bash it or it gets cold, then I wish I'd had it amputated :) Except for a steering knob on my car, I have no adaptations to help with life, mainly because I honestly don't think of myself as disabled and the only thing I can't do is peel potatoes, which is definitely a good thing.

Post by jennyb »

francine, it's delicious, trust me on this :0)
jennyb

Post by jennyb »

francine, it's delicious, trust me on this :0)
Carolyn J
Injury Description, Date, extent, surgical intervention etc: LOBPI. I am 77 yrs old and never had a name for my injuries until 2004 when I found UBPN at age 66.

My injuries are: LOBPI on upper body and Cerebrael Palsy on the lower left extremities. The only intervention I've had is a tendon transplant from my left leg to my left foot to enable flexing t age 24 in 1962. Before that, my foot would freeze without notice on the side when wearing heels AND I always did wear them at work "to fit in" I also stuttered until around age 18-19...just outgrew it...no therapy for it. Also suffered from very very low self esteem; severe Depression and Anxiety attacks started at menopause. I stuffed emotions and over-compensated in every thing I did to "fit in" and be "invisible". My injuries were Never addressed or talked about until age 66. I am a late bloomer!!!!!

I welcome any and all questions about "My Journey".
There is NO SUCH THING AS A DUMB QUESTION.
Sharing helps to Heal. HUGS do too.

Post by Carolyn J »

BUMPING UP.
Carolyn J
LOBPI adult
Carolyn J
Adult LOBPI