She can tie!

Forum for parents of injured who are seeking information from other parents or people living with the injury. All welcome
NancyP

She can tie!

Post by NancyP »

Kelsey went to therapy yesterday and they taught her the one handed tie! She can tie shoes!! It was amazing. She did it on the first try. Thank God for the everyday blessings!

Nancy
Julie-work

Re: She can tie!

Post by Julie-work »

That is great news!!! I'm glad that there are therapists that can teach our kids to work with what they have. I know that I would never be able to teach my daughter to do certain things because I have the use of both hands. I have difficulty just teaching my 4 yr old non-BPI child to do things because she is right handed and I am left handed.
francine

Post by francine »

WOW!!! Congratulations!!

So does this mean we should get regular shoes and not stick to velcro or slipons? hmmmmmm
NancyP

Post by NancyP »

It is really a trick for me to try to use just one hand to do this tie, and she is amazing at it! She came home just beaming and said that she can tie like the other kids in her class now!

We got a lacing board from her therapist that she practices on. She is getting faster after only the first day. It takes her longer on an actual shoe. :)
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Yey Kelsey!
Wonderful news, Nancy! I am sure there are many more amazing things to come down the road! Congrats!
Krista
Ruth

Post by Ruth »

Way to go Kelsey!!! That is great!!! Congrats!!!
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Way to go Kelsey.... That is a great accomplishment. I wish many more to come!!!