We are leaving to TCH March 31!!

Forum for parents of injured who are seeking information from other parents or people living with the injury. All welcome
madysmom

We are leaving to TCH March 31!!

Post by madysmom »

Hi, This will be our first visit to TCH. We will be going for a office consult on the 31st of March!!! We are bring along our 5 yr old son also. We planned on him staying w/ Grandma, but that is not going to happen. It will be Jesse and Maddys ist time flying. Any tips?? She will be 4 months by then and Jesse is 5!! We wanted to find out if there are any fun things to do close by. Could anyone w/ info please let me know. We would like to make this a bit fun for all!! Thanks !! Staci.... Madysmom
Tessie258

Re: We are leaving to TCH March 31!!

Post by Tessie258 »

The zoo and Museums I have heard are great!!! The kids are probably too young for 6 flags but my teengars loved that!

Best of luck.
T.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

I took my 2 year old along when my 7 month old had surgery. IT was trying for me, but she loved it and the Doctor's and Nurses are great and paid special attention to her too. There is a nice zoo....a butterfly museum and other fun things to do in Houston, but the hospital is kid friendly and does not mind "tag along"siblings !!!
francine

Post by francine »

Maia would love to play with Jesse! We come Saturday and leave Thursday. We'll be at the Marriott for saturday and sunday night and then we move to the Holiday Inn for Monday-Tuesday-Wednesday nights. Name is Francine Litz. Let's get together! Also - we have our clinic appointment on the 31st at 2:00pm.

About the plane - bring compact toys, coloring books, books, flashcards and pack lunch boxes with food, drinks and snacks. Don't forget extra clothes and a box of wipes (for vomit! yes, vomit... been THERE!! and an extra shirt for YOU and your husband too - been there TOO!!!) Jesse might be able to sneak a peak and say hit to the captain in the cockpit.... it's easier to do that when you are the LAST off the plane! (we do it all the time) Also -bring car seats.

Safe trip and see you there hopefully!
-francine

francine@injurednewborn.com

oh yes - forgot - I have a list of things to do on the travel page http://www.injurednewborn.com/maia/travel.html

StaceyC

Post by StaceyC »

Staci,

Hi! A great new place just opened here in downtown Houston last month. It's called the Downtown Aquarium. There is a great aquarium exhibit, a train that goes through a shark tunnel (really cool), a carousel, a ferris wheel, several restaurants (kinda pricey), etc... There's a great fountain that all the kids play in, so if you go, take dry clothes for them to change into... One warning...everything is priced individually so this can get really expensive, really fast...but it is a great time. Oh, and it will probably be very crowded. (This place is owned by the same company that owns Kemah's Aquarium that Francine mentions on her website.)
The website is www.downtownaquarium.com (don't know how to make this a link)

And, of course, the zoos and museums are almost just a stone's throw from TCH and they are all fabulous!!

Hope everything goes well for you all while you are here!
-Stacey