We are leaving to TCH March 31!!

Forum for parents of injured who are seeking information from other parents or people living with the injury. All welcome
madysmom

We are leaving to TCH March 31!!

Post by madysmom »

Hi, This will be our first visit to TCH. We will be going for a office consult on the 31st of March!!! We are bring along our 5 yr old son also. We planned on him staying w/ Grandma, but that is not going to happen. It will be Jesse and Maddys ist time flying. Any tips?? She will be 4 months by then and Jesse is 5!! We wanted to find out if there are any fun things to do close by. Could anyone w/ info please let me know. We would like to make this a bit fun for all!! Thanks !! Staci.... Madysmom
francine

Re: We are leaving to TCH March 31!!

Post by francine »

well Jesse can play with Maia - she'll be 5 soon...
here's my email francine@injurednewborn.com

and also on my travel page there's a little list of things to do in the area...
http://www.injurednewborn.com/maia/travel.html

About the flight - I always like to bring toys that are "contained" or toys without little pieces. Books are great, book tapes, Pixter, the crayola drawing sets with the wipe on wipe off boards. I pack Maia a lunch box for the flight. And a whole box of wipes....and extra clothes in case she vomits (been there done that). And I snag a blanket and a pillow as soon as I get on the plane. And a car seat. Oh yes - flash cards - we love flash cards on flights! No noisy toys to disturb the other passengers - they're usually pissed off enough to be sitting next to a kid as it is! (LOL) (memories of the flight that Maia wouldn't stop crying for the ENTIRE flight -oh gosh LOL - she just didn't want to be there!) You can ask the stewardess if she has toys or special snacks for the kids - sometimes they do. Jesse might be able to sneak a peak into the cockpit and meet the captain. We like looking at the clouds and thinking of what they look like.

when are you arriving and when are you leaving?

we'll be at the Marriott for SAturday and Sunday nights and then we'll move to the Holiday Inn for Sunday-Monday- Tuesday-Wednesday nights - we leave on Thursday. Name is Francine Litz.

Looking forward to meeting you guys!
-francine