pronator teres transfer

Forum for parents of injured who are seeking information from other parents or people living with the injury. All welcome
Stacey

pronator teres transfer

Post by Stacey »

Can anyone who has had the pronator teres transfer done at TCH let me know what the results of the surgery were. Did it make a big difference in supination? My son has very good return and function and is doing great. He has had the mod quad and caps and has full range of motion in most areas. He is pretty much only lacking supination. He goes to about half right now and compensates a lot using other muscles etc. What is the splint like, how long do they wear it etc. Is it a painful surgery etc. etc. Any info. or experiences would be much appreciated. Thank you. Stacey
admin
Site Admin

Re: pronator teres transfer

Post by admin »

Well, I see no one has responded yet. We were expecting this surgery when my son had his caps done in December, but Dr. Nath changed his mind once he saw him. So, I guess I have nothing to offer.....we may still face it in the future though, so I'm still interested. Sorry!
Stacey

Re: pronator teres transfer

Post by Stacey »

Bringing this back to the top. Would love to hear from anyone who has had this surgery. Thanks. Stacey