19 Months after injury

Treatments, Rehabilitation, and Recovery
RLT
Injury Description, Date, extent, surgical intervention etc: Left shoulder injury Sept 4 2011.
Nerve grafts from the forearm to the bicep, pec to the tricep and deltoid.

19 Months after injury

Post by RLT »

19 Months after injury and 15 months since my surgery.

Excluding the radial nerve palsy that I got when my forearm was smashed in the accident, I have gotten everything else back. It is all still real weak... but it's there. I am able to go to the gym and use the machines using weights between 10 and 30 pounds with no assistance from my right arm. I am able to lift my arm striaght out in front of me over my head and out to the side over my head. The dimpel in my shoulder is slowly disappearing.

I still have numbness throughout my arm but that's not something that bothers me. I still have the burning numbness in a part of my hand, but I don't even notice it and it doesn't affect my sleep at all. I've been off all medication for over a year. All the sharp shooting pains subsided about a week after stopping Gabapenton.

To anyone that may read this in the future, I just want to say, stay positive stay healthy stay moving.

Make sure you take:
BCAA
Vitamins
Water
Protien powder like muscle milk or something.
You also need to get out and move around in order to push blood into your dead limb (And it just makes you feel better to excersise)

Don't sit around feeling sorry for yourself like I did for 6 months.

Now hopefully I can get muscle mass back into my arm.
cbe411
Injury Description, Date, extent, surgical intervention etc: MVA in 2001, nerve graph in 2002, Median Nerve Transfer in 2004 and an unsuccessful Gracillis Muscle Transfer in 2006. I am living life and loving it! Feel free to contact me :)

Re: 19 Months after injury

Post by cbe411 »

Thats awesome!!! I'm glad to hear of positive outsomes! Working out does help too, I can agree with that! Now... if I would just do it more ;)

Courtney
scott birk
Injury Description, Date, extent, surgical intervention etc: Rt tbpi 11/2/13

Re: 19 Months after injury

Post by scott birk »

What is bcaa?