Volleyball

Forum for parents of injured who are seeking information from other parents or people living with the injury. All welcome
AlannahD
Injury Description, Date, extent, surgical intervention etc: 7-year-old granddaughter, LOBPI

Volleyball

Post by AlannahD »

Any volleyball players out there? In need of tips for serving the ball for Alannah - CMB
AlannahD
Injury Description, Date, extent, surgical intervention etc: 7-year-old granddaughter, LOBPI

Re: Volleyball

Post by AlannahD »

@Xiggers - were you tossing with your injured arm - I was thinking that Alannah will probably have to learn to toss the ball up with her injured side and hit with her stronger side -
WeslynGray
Injury Description, Date, extent, surgical intervention etc: I am ROBPI born in 1975. I have Klumpke's and Erb's so limited movement at shoulder, clawed hand, no supination or pronation etc. Had a tendon transfer in 1992, another tendon surgery in my fingers in 1996. Had fingers fused in 2001 due to pain.

Re: Volleyball

Post by WeslynGray »

I played volleyball through jr. and sr. high school. I threw the ball up with my good arm and hit it over my head. When starting out, try under-hand serving first. It's easier to get. Timing and a steady throw is the hardest to figure out, but I was able to get really good control at the underhand serve. Overhand was a lot harder to master, but still do-able.
In the Spirit of Friendship,

Weslyn :)