Topomax

Treatments, Rehabilitation, and Recovery
admin
Site Admin

Re: Topomax

Post by admin »

if you are already that thin then yes, i suggest you ask your doctor for a diffrent migiraine mediciane. there is imitirx and other migiraine medicianes. topomax is mostly used for patients that have weight problems associated w/pain and migiraines. if you feel that you dr. isn't doing his job properly contact another dr. your records can be transferred. tell him you are concerned about the weight loss and that
even though you know you had originally told him you had also wanted to lose additonal weight it is now making you nervous. However other migiraine medicaine's can cause you to gain weight so i suggest you speak to him about that also before you take anything. always get as much info as possible. if you continue to take topomax-eat more fatty foods....lol...ha, ha....

sincerely,

tammy-lee
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

brandy,

you are sooo right. always ask your pharmacist and dr. good luck w/keeping your migigaines under control. mine are alot better since being on topomax minus some of the side-effects in the beginning. as long as i don't get the side-effects and the intense migraines. i'm happy.... tc
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Kathy

I have been suffering from migraines snce I was 14 years old. I am now 38. I have tried every med. through a neurologist. Verapamil made me lethargic, depressed and not myself. I am 20 lbs. overwieght and was excited to hear about topomax. I have been on topomax for about a month now. I am also on amitriptyline, 20 mgs. each night, for the past year which works great. The topomax/amitriptyline combo seems to work well for me now. I am taking 100 mg. of topomax per day. The first week I had strange dreams at night. I experienced no numbness at all, and no depression at all. My energy level has increased now that I am off the Verapamil, and topomax has not effected me negativly at all.I have had hardly any extreme migraine headaches since my topomax treatment began. By the way, my migraines would occur daily. The bonus is the ten pound wieght loss in one month. And I feel great.
kel12966

Post by kel12966 »

I was wondering if anyone suffered mood swings while taking topomax. Although, I know that could just be part of the side effect, depression, I don't necessarily feel depressed. I just will have periods of crying for no reason and wondered if anyone else did this and if the medication was responsible or if it was something else? I too, have the memory loss and the confusion, but it has helped tremendously with the pain. And to be honest, I haven't been upset with the weight loss. Thanks.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Hi, I have recently been put on Topomax and have been experiencing pulsing sensations in m right eye. I have only been on it for about 1 week now, but I am wondering what kind of symptoms you were experiencing before you realized you had glaucoma-I am 22. Thank you so much for taking the time to read my concern.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

I have been on Topomax for 3 months now. I am taking them for migraines.. I did experience a little weight loss which for me is a good thing because i was a little over weight, as far as being forgetful and thinking quickly i havent experienced that as of yet...maybe its because i havent been on it for very long. Maybe ur doctor could give u suggestions as far as taking your meds at night instead of during the day...
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

i have all those symptoms, i told my doctor and he didn't know what it was, he said i might have carple tunnel, i don't buy it! So it is just a side effect from the medicine? Why is everyone losing weight, i'm not, are you having a lose of appitite?
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

I have always complained of cold hands and feet but the 50 MG made them tingle and feel like they were going to snap off. I finally got two hot water bottles. I fill them with the hottest water I can put one at my feet and one between my hands every night when I watch TV or read and I cover myself with a blanket. I can only hope that I will get use to this. The tingling has subsided some.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

I have been on Topomax for about 3 months now. I am currently on it for complicated migraines which cause me to have seizure like episodes. I am on a 75.75 dosage. I too have the tingling and coldness in my feet, coldness in my hands, confusion, I say words backwards, and feel like a total idiot in front of my co-workers. So don't feel like to only one. I guess their are a lot of us.
admin
Site Admin

Re: Topamax - additional side effects

Post by admin »

I just got off Topamax, and it damn near killed me. After only 3 days of 50mg I developed an extreme fever, I was well over 100. I had pain urinating, was constipated, and very sick. After I stopped taking it, It took about 24 hours to break the fever and I am still getting better currently. I know that topamax causes lots of problems with lots of people, avoid this one if possible.