shoulder/scapula bracing

Forum for parents of injured who are seeking information from other parents or people living with the injury. All welcome
DJsmom

shoulder/scapula bracing

Post by DJsmom »

Another question... Has anyone had any success with or even tried some sort of brace that can be worn while letting the arm function? If DJ's shoulder is moving backwards because of lack of strength shouldn't there be some sort of apparatus he could wear to support that area and still be able to go about his day of normal chaos instead of (or in conjunction with) a nighttime brace?

just bouncing ideas
Master DIVER TOM

Re: shoulder/scapula bracing

Post by Master DIVER TOM »

You would think I could write on just about anything :roll: :shock: ??? :D My best day was when I was little was when I STOP WARING that brace at Night :shock: That brace thing at night Never help ME :roll: cause it seem to hurt more and increase the pins and needle felling :shock: I am sure after surgery its important BUT Splitting it UP in the AIR :shock: :evil: :twisted:

The second parT :roll: I would ask the person with the running sling and later in life injury for there topic sight and ask there :roll:

Hope it helps??? :roll:
Tom
F-Litz
Injury Description, Date, extent, surgical intervention etc: LOBPI, LTBPI at age 6.5, Sensory Issues, CP, Diaphragm Weakness, Aspberger's

Post by F-Litz »

talk to your therapist about kinesiotaping
marylandmom
Injury Description, Date, extent, surgical intervention etc: Left OBPI. Surgical intervention age 6 years. Good cosmetic effect. Still with significant functional impairment.

Post by marylandmom »

I second the motion for kineseotaping. As part of my recent "rehab" (at age 44), one of the things that helped the most to alleviate the chronic lifelong upper trap/rhomboid pain I have on my affected side is taping my affected arm from my upper chest, around my upper arm, onto my back and then straight down to my waist.
This allowed me "full" function in the day and eliminated my pain.
"Full" function: one of the lifelong compensatory issues I have is that my scapula "flaps in the wind and I have weak musculature to hold it "back and down." This helps me overcome the fact that my L arm is shorter (elbow contracture). The taping took some getting used to b/c I then had to make more adjustments for the shorter arm that i no longer compensated for with my floating scapula.
Worth it to not have pain.