just. found all of you 39 years later.

Forum for parents of injured who are seeking information from other parents or people living with the injury. All welcome
chris h.
Injury Description, Date, extent, surgical intervention etc: Erbs from birth 39 now.no surgeries.right arm

just. found all of you 39 years later.

Post by chris h. »

I thought i was the one case and here you all are.i am excited to be speaking to people who can completely relate to my life and maybe encourage others.wow that took so long to write.ifeel lucky to have found you all.thank you all for your openess.
KNOW U CAN!!!!
Carolyn J
Injury Description, Date, extent, surgical intervention etc: LOBPI. I am 77 yrs old and never had a name for my injuries until 2004 when I found UBPN at age 66.

My injuries are: LOBPI on upper body and Cerebrael Palsy on the lower left extremities. The only intervention I've had is a tendon transplant from my left leg to my left foot to enable flexing t age 24 in 1962. Before that, my foot would freeze without notice on the side when wearing heels AND I always did wear them at work "to fit in" I also stuttered until around age 18-19...just outgrew it...no therapy for it. Also suffered from very very low self esteem; severe Depression and Anxiety attacks started at menopause. I stuffed emotions and over-compensated in every thing I did to "fit in" and be "invisible". My injuries were Never addressed or talked about until age 66. I am a late bloomer!!!!!

I welcome any and all questions about "My Journey".
There is NO SUCH THING AS A DUMB QUESTION.
Sharing helps to Heal. HUGS do too.

Re: just. found all of you 39 years later.

Post by Carolyn J »

Welcome Chris to our caring,supportive UBPN Family we never expected to be a member of.
We adults welcome questions and there is no such thing as a dumb question except the one not asked.
There also is the "Adults and Teens OBPI Forum/Message Board". Personally I learn from everyone and we are all welcome on the "Traumatic ..." Boards too; there I've learn alot about Pain Management and Pain Meds.
Carolyn J
LOBPI/73+
chris h.
Injury Description, Date, extent, surgical intervention etc: Erbs from birth 39 now.no surgeries.right arm

Post by chris h. »

Thanks carolyn for welcoming me.quick question ....thats funny becuase theres nothing quick about me typing these messages.nothing. tech savvy about me.anyway is physical pain something i need to get ready for.none yet.

do you wear out quicker? Somes drs. After i have seen them for something else have noticed me And said this was probable.
KNOW U CAN!!!!
Carolyn J
Injury Description, Date, extent, surgical intervention etc: LOBPI. I am 77 yrs old and never had a name for my injuries until 2004 when I found UBPN at age 66.

My injuries are: LOBPI on upper body and Cerebrael Palsy on the lower left extremities. The only intervention I've had is a tendon transplant from my left leg to my left foot to enable flexing t age 24 in 1962. Before that, my foot would freeze without notice on the side when wearing heels AND I always did wear them at work "to fit in" I also stuttered until around age 18-19...just outgrew it...no therapy for it. Also suffered from very very low self esteem; severe Depression and Anxiety attacks started at menopause. I stuffed emotions and over-compensated in every thing I did to "fit in" and be "invisible". My injuries were Never addressed or talked about until age 66. I am a late bloomer!!!!!

I welcome any and all questions about "My Journey".
There is NO SUCH THING AS A DUMB QUESTION.
Sharing helps to Heal. HUGS do too.

Post by Carolyn J »

Chris,
YES, we Adult OBPI-er's tire/wear out quicker we've shared on the "Adult & Teens With"...Message Board. Especially because we over-use or ignore pain on our "good"side" limbs. If you don't start taking care of your "good" arm & shoulder you will
have pain issues in your 40's,50's & up.

Carolyn J
LOBPI/73+