Brachial Plexus and seizures

Forum for parents of injured who are seeking information from other parents or people living with the injury. All welcome
BreannaLeigh74
Injury Description, Date, extent, surgical intervention etc: My son had Brachial Plexus Injury from birth June 2, 06

Brachial Plexus and seizures

Post by BreannaLeigh74 »

Hi! I am wondering if any of you know if there's a possible connection with Brachial Plexus Injury and Seizures, in particular Grand Mal Seizures. My son had shoulder dystocia at birth. Now at nearly 6 yrs of age he had a grand mal seizure. Has any other BPI children experienced this?
Master DIVER TOM

Re: Brachial Plexus and seizures

Post by Master DIVER TOM »

I am sure you get more response,It is a very good question
MAYBE this will help :roll: I never had a brain issue with my Birth erbs in the 50s, But.... I could have gotten a brain issue from all the time learning to walk :shock: you bet, I hit the floor falling on my erbs side. Strange think I love holding a stuff animal under my erbs arm :roll: If I fell on that side I would fall on the toy than the floor. I dont know it help me :shock: :roll: . Latter some how I taught myself to twist my fall to the good side to cauch my fall. I just dont know, is this a Concustion issue????? :roll: There is a couple of how to I learned ??? I used growing up. HOPE this helps??? Some times helments help to?? :roll: Who Knows :shock:
Tom
chris h.
Injury Description, Date, extent, surgical intervention etc: Erbs from birth 39 now.no surgeries.right arm

Re: Brachial Plexus and seizures

Post by chris h. »

Like tom i had erbs at birth and in my memory cannot remember having seizures nor was i ever told this happening by my mother who have been sure to let me know. Best wishes to both of you.be sure to let your young man know No one can stop him from.what he has set his.mind on doing,.......only his self.
KNOW U CAN!!!!