Surgery has any one had any success

Treatments, Rehabilitation, and Recovery
lizzyb

Re: Surgery has any one had any success

Post by lizzyb »

Hi Hannes

There is a page about pain and BPI on the TBPI group website which you might find useful; the pain page link is http://tbpiukgroup.homestead.com/centralpainbpi.html

..and the website home page is
http://tbpiukgroup.homestead.com/Index_1.html

The DREZ surgery that you mention has been used for decades to help control pain caused by spinal cord injuries, but it is still considered to be experimental in controlling pain in BPI. It is very much the last resort as it can cause many other problems, the pain could return after a time or it just may not work at all. Have a look at the TBPI website and see what you think...we have another more in depth article on pain which should be up there soon. I hope this helps a bit...you are very welcome to email me if you would like to 'talk' to another person with a TBPI directly....my email address is liz@tbpi-group.org
All the best...liz :0)
Hannes

Post by Hannes »

Thanx for the html, Liz! It´s a load of stuff. It will take me a while to read and translate it!
The surgeon (=I call them butcher!) told me that the DREZ surgery is no longer experimental. Of course, you should decide yourself for DREZ 2 years post accident at the earliest, or maybe even later. So I´ve enough time to think about it, and the docs have enough time to improve the DREZ!
I´m very pleased about your offer to write you ;-))!
Best wishes! Hannes
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Paul
Sorry pard, I've been something of a serious recluse lately. I'll get ahold of Dennis this week.
Onepaw
Paul

Post by Paul »

Thanks onepaw!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Paul
Rob25

Post by Rob25 »

hello everyone, its been along time. Its now been 5 months since my surgery to my c5 and c6. I don't know if its getting better or is it that I'm just getting use to it. But I hardly ever feel pain anymore just an comfortable feeling. When I do my excerise mostly my curls I feel a weird sense of soreness (if you can call it that)on my bicep. So I don't no if its getting better or not but I can tell you I don't feel any flickering like I did when my tricep started responding a month after my accident. so for a conclusion 5 months post surgery no true sign of recovery. Waiting but impatiently
Paul

Post by Paul »

Thanks for your update Rob good luck keep use posted!!!!!!!!! Paul
Hammond

Post by Hammond »

Dr terzis is address is 330 w Brambleton ave, west wing Norfolk va 23510 , ph 757-6256347, she did are little 4 year old surgery it was 24 hours, hes do for 2 more , by Dr Terzis, but thay will not be that long ,
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

I called her office. They quoted me over the phone 80k to 125k for the surgery. I think this doctor is only in it for the money. My son had the best surgeon in the country, Dr. David Kline and the surgery was not nearly as much.
Paul

Post by Paul »

Ok Maureen thanks for your story. Every likes Dr. Kline. Good for you. Hows your son doing??? that whats iportin..Paul
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Hi Paul,

Thanks for asking, Gianni is now almost 4 months post surgery. He said he is starting to feel a little trickle feeling, almost as if water was running down his arm, only inside. I pray this is the beginning of recovery.

Regards,
Maureen