TBPI... Is this a "learning experience"?

Treatments, Rehabilitation, and Recovery
johnmetalman
Injury Description, Date, extent, surgical intervention etc: hit by car november 26 07 operated on oct 08 ruptured radial nerve with sural grafts and nerve transfer of median to radial in forearm. radial nerve has some recovery all other nerves are intact.

Re: TBPI... Is this a "learning experience"?

Post by johnmetalman »

i believe its apart of a test from a higher being. if anyone wants to see a really good movie watch 'Max'. john cusack stars in it as a art dealer with only one arm in world war 1 era germany. he knows a young hitler before he came into his reign and he trys to convince him to be a aritist and apply his dark energies towards something constructive. yall should check this movie out definitely. i found it to be moving and thought provoking
chimley
Injury Description, Date, extent, surgical intervention etc: I am the wife of Rick, LTBPI. On 6/30/2008, our lives were forever changed. Rick was in a severe auto accident and sustained multiple injuries: broken jaw and facial bones, mild traumatic brain injury, L1 fracture, 4th cranial nerve palsy and LTBPI. With regard to the LTBPI, Rick has had an ulner nerve transfer (January 2009). We are now considering next steps in his treatment, perhaps some muscle transfers. Pain continues to be the worst thing about his injury. We are told that the pain goes away within five years or people have learned to deal with it. Meanwhile, we pray....and wait.

Post by chimley »

Carolyn,
Merry Christmas to you! And many blessings to all for 2012!

Kim
Wife of Rick, LTBPI
AimeeMorera01
Injury Description, Date, extent, surgical intervention etc: My husband was in a motorcycle accident on 9/30/2009, that left him with dysautonomia, back pain from spine injuries, and brachial plexus injury to the right arm. Currently under the care of Dr. Thomas Tung, St. Louis, MO and Dr. Roberto A. Mikki, Miami, Florida.

Post by AimeeMorera01 »

My husband has a TBPI and we have this conversation all the time, and I think that sometimes things happen for a reason, we just will never know that reason. In the beginning I would drive myself crazy blaming myself for telling him to stop making an illegal turn up the street, so a week later going the new route a car hit him. With time we have realized that we have changed, we learned who matters in our life, and have learned to not just stay afloat in life, but enjoy life, especially our kids. :D
*~Aimee~*
Master DIVER TOM

Post by Master DIVER TOM »

The greats thing my injuries taught me in life is not what I cant do but What I have overcome in a lifetime having them, Compassion is a Great thing to have it is the best thing I have learned :D
Tom