Being Thankful

Treatments, Rehabilitation, and Recovery
Humboldtmtnbkr
Injury Description, Date, extent, surgical intervention etc: Road cycling accident 8/31/08 stretched c5/c6. 2 1/2 years post accident now and I have regained all function and alot of strength back. I am a very lucky person.

Being Thankful

Post by Humboldtmtnbkr »

I just wanted to let everyone know who participates how thankful I have been for this website. Luckily, I have healed and moved on from this devistating injury, but during the first year it was not known what would happen. Anyway, I just wanted to say thanks for sharing and stay motivated to be an inspiration, because you are.

Happy Thanksgiving, JJ
Carolyn J
Injury Description, Date, extent, surgical intervention etc: LOBPI. I am 77 yrs old and never had a name for my injuries until 2004 when I found UBPN at age 66.

My injuries are: LOBPI on upper body and Cerebrael Palsy on the lower left extremities. The only intervention I've had is a tendon transplant from my left leg to my left foot to enable flexing t age 24 in 1962. Before that, my foot would freeze without notice on the side when wearing heels AND I always did wear them at work "to fit in" I also stuttered until around age 18-19...just outgrew it...no therapy for it. Also suffered from very very low self esteem; severe Depression and Anxiety attacks started at menopause. I stuffed emotions and over-compensated in every thing I did to "fit in" and be "invisible". My injuries were Never addressed or talked about until age 66. I am a late bloomer!!!!!

I welcome any and all questions about "My Journey".
There is NO SUCH THING AS A DUMB QUESTION.
Sharing helps to Heal. HUGS do too.

Re: Being Thankful

Post by Carolyn J »

All of your posts were too, "Humbolt".
Congratulations on your recovery. :)
Carolyn J
LOBPI/73+
Carolyn J
Injury Description, Date, extent, surgical intervention etc: LOBPI. I am 77 yrs old and never had a name for my injuries until 2004 when I found UBPN at age 66.

My injuries are: LOBPI on upper body and Cerebrael Palsy on the lower left extremities. The only intervention I've had is a tendon transplant from my left leg to my left foot to enable flexing t age 24 in 1962. Before that, my foot would freeze without notice on the side when wearing heels AND I always did wear them at work "to fit in" I also stuttered until around age 18-19...just outgrew it...no therapy for it. Also suffered from very very low self esteem; severe Depression and Anxiety attacks started at menopause. I stuffed emotions and over-compensated in every thing I did to "fit in" and be "invisible". My injuries were Never addressed or talked about until age 66. I am a late bloomer!!!!!

Post by Carolyn J »

I am extremely Thankful for this UBPN Family.
Thank You all Families who have allowed me to adopt your children as "MY GRANDS" 'cause I don't have any of my own.. my dear Angel of a son, Scott, isn't married yet.

I am Thankful for all the information ,knowledge and experience everyone...including the Traumatically BP Injured... you all have shared and lightened my Journey. I keep you all close to my heart.

HAPPY THANKSGIVING TO EVERYONE!
Carolyn J
LOBPI/73
Donald
Injury Description, Date, extent, surgical intervention etc: Car accident bicep out cant bend arm

Post by Donald »

Humboldtmtnbkr wrote:I just wanted to let everyone know who participates how thankful I have been for this website. Luckily, I have healed and moved on from this devistating injury, but during the first year it was not known what would happen. Anyway, I just wanted to say thanks for sharing and stay motivated to be an inspiration, because you are.

Happy Thanksgiving, JJ
Hey do you have an email
Humboldtmtnbkr
Injury Description, Date, extent, surgical intervention etc: Road cycling accident 8/31/08 stretched c5/c6. 2 1/2 years post accident now and I have regained all function and alot of strength back. I am a very lucky person.

Post by Humboldtmtnbkr »

Thank you for forwarding Carolyn. I have spoken with Donald.

JJ
Carolyn J

Post by Carolyn J »

Thank YOU for the feedback, JJ. It is good to know that you have connected.
Carolyn J
LOBPI/75