I thought you all would like to hear.......

Forum for parents of injured who are seeking information from other parents or people living with the injury. All welcome
admin
Site Admin

I thought you all would like to hear.......

Post by admin »

Hi All;
I just wanted to share the news. Maddy turned 3 months this past week, and something wonderful is happening!!! She started bending her elbow to put her arm on her tummy, she use to use the shoulder by pulling up there, but now she uses her elbow also, its clearly visible, well something else too.... She was stretching on her changing table one evening as I was changing her diaper and up up up went her arm above her head like her other, she has a small bend in the elbow, but I was amazed. I called in Dh and Ds, I cried, she has been putting her hand in her mouth and grabbing the other hand too. Is this the hand to mouth that I have been hearing about?? I pray for more of this. Good luck to all of you and your children as well. Staci, Maddysmom
admin
Site Admin

Re: I thought you all would like to hear.......

Post by admin »

Congratulations! Exciting news! Sure hope the recovery continues!

Hand to mouth is sitting up, fully against gravity, getting hand to the mouth.
kzd02

Post by kzd02 »

Congratulations!!!!!! What wonderful news. That is about the same age Zoe was when she started those same movements. It will continue to improve with maddy too, I'm sure. Hopefully for Maddy also this will mean no nerve surgery. Good Luck.
Keep up the great work Maddy!!!!
HUGS and GOD BLESS
Kimberly
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Staci,
Wonderful! I am very happy to hear such exciting news! I know exactly how you are feeling. I was there about 14 months ago(sounds like a long time, but feels like yesterday)! This is a great sign towards no nerve surgery in my opinion. Mariella did not need the nerve surgery and also started to show great signs of improvement around 3 months old. Stay hopeful for more wonderful progress b/c this is a HUGE step forward for Maddy. Best wishes!
Krista
francine

Post by francine »

This is all so wonderful! Maia and I will pray for more and more recovery!!

Thanks for sharing with us - it's wonderful hearing some good, positive news!!

-francine
Jess

Post by Jess »

Sounds like some really great recovery starting to take place.

One place where our Lauren always showed off her early recovery (age 3-5 months) was in the bathtub. I had one of those bathtub sponges that you lay in the tub and lay the baby one. I put it in the tub with a couple inches of water, just enough to give some added bouancy(sp?). She absolutely LOVED it and her bpi arm always seemed to move much more in the water!

Keep up the good work and enjoy all the great things that are happening within your family. Jess
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Staci can you post your email address or if you have a yahoo or msn messenger id...
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

HERE IS MY E-MAIL ADDRESS POOKIESHOUSE@MSN.COM
christi

Post by christi »

Reading your message sounds just like us with our daughter Reagan. Reagan just turned 6 months yesterday! She was about 3 months old when she brought her arm up over her head when she was sleeping and since then her progress has been amazing. She is now grasping objects with her hand and transferring and brings objects to her mouth. She is bearing weight on that arm when she is on her belly and is almost sitting up on her own. She is trying hard to roll over...maybe this month. We were told after New Years that surgery at this time is not necessary! We are going to NY next weekend and hope to hear more good news.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Wow Christi;
Thats great!! I hope you hear great news about Reagan. I wish you the best! I would love to hear more, e-mail me, Staci