Vaccines

This board is for adults and teens to discuss issues relating to BPI since birth (OBPI).
brittwitt
Injury Description, Date, extent, surgical intervention etc: LOBPI
Injured at birth. Moderate injury with no surgeries.

Vaccines

Post by brittwitt »

Hey everyone! I heard a long time ago that I should not get vaccines in my injured arm. I always get all my shots in my right arm and have never really thought about it much. I was wondering if anybody else has heard this or can give a reason for it? It's always such a pain if my good arm is sore because I rely on it more. I was thinking about getting my flu shot in my injured arm to test it out. Haha if I get the flu this winter it didn't work!

Thanks,
Brittney
LOBPI
SarahxG
Injury Description, Date, extent, surgical intervention etc: To make an incredibly LONG story short...
When I was born, my mother's doctor was out of town. A doctor that would not perform c-sections was forced upon us. Being 10 lbs, my right shoulder got stuck under my mom's pubic bone. The doctor pulled me out by my head, which ripped/streched all the nerves in my neck and arm (So, OBPI).
I've had two surgeries at 9 months old, and 3 years old.
My mother suffered as well. She needed both brain surgery and a shunt--She still sufferes today.
My parents lost the court case due to a terrible jurey.

That's about it!
Hope I can find somebody my age to talk to :)

Re: Vaccines

Post by SarahxG »

I've heard that quite a few times. I believe it's because the bad arm can have poor circulation, and you don't want to mess with that. That's all i know though

~Sarah
jmar
Injury Description, Date, extent, surgical intervention etc: brachial plexus stretch during thoracic outlet syndrome surgery on may 18, 2010.

Post by jmar »

sarah, i responded to an older post you might be interested in. i searched shots in bpi arm. there are a lot more if you care to look them up. i looked in the general message board.
brittwitt
Injury Description, Date, extent, surgical intervention etc: LOBPI
Injured at birth. Moderate injury with no surgeries.

Post by brittwitt »

Thank you! I just read all the posts on that thread. I might look up some more too. I didn't even think to search for old topics! I'll definitely try that more!

Thanks again,
Brittney