Coping with Palsy as a teen

This board is for adults and teens to discuss issues relating to BPI since birth (OBPI).
Becka
Injury Description, Date, extent, surgical intervention etc: I was born with bpi, I am now 13 and have had two surgeries for my injuries. My mother found this website 13 years ago and I attended the second camp (not that I remember, I was only two) Now it is time to me to handle my injury instead of my mother.

Re: Coping with Palsy as a teen

Post by Becka »

Have you all got the feeling where u just want to saw Ur arm off cause of the pain and that it s useless for one thing? i hate that when that happens. :|
jmar
Injury Description, Date, extent, surgical intervention etc: brachial plexus stretch during thoracic outlet syndrome surgery on may 18, 2010.

Post by jmar »

anyone who knows me knows that when i say i need a hacksaw, i am feeling a lot of pain in my arm/hand. i dont know which is the worse. the pain or the crazy sensations that when you try to explain them, people think you are contradicting yourself. "i have no feeling, but it hurts to touch it" that does not make any sense to me either. but that is just the way it is. lots of things have no explanation......
slayer
Injury Description, Date, extent, surgical intervention etc: OBPI left arm with no surgical intervention

Post by slayer »

Tried out for the basketball team in high school, but could not dribble with left hand. Was cut on the first tryout and was crushed. I was always the last to be picked in gym class. The name calling, ugh. Things got better in adult life and lots of times I would forget about my handicap until someone asked. Always would keep hand in pocket and wear long sleave shirts most of the time, even when it was warm.
Becka
Injury Description, Date, extent, surgical intervention etc: I was born with bpi, I am now 13 and have had two surgeries for my injuries. My mother found this website 13 years ago and I attended the second camp (not that I remember, I was only two) Now it is time to me to handle my injury instead of my mother.

Post by Becka »

I always told my gym teacher about it and sense its about school time im going to tell the new PE. teacher about my arm hopfully mom will play sergery soon :oops:
emilyalberger
Injury Description, Date, extent, surgical intervention etc: left arm bpi since birth,can only bend my elbow mostly ne feeling n when i get it its not the right sensation

Post by emilyalberger »

hello robert, dont worry about the english =]...does your son have pain at all?