Mid-20's and Just Learning

This board is for adults and teens to discuss issues relating to BPI since birth (OBPI).
Tina

Re: Mid-20's and Just Learning

Post by Tina »

Thank you for the correction Kath. I agree 100% about also learning more in this THREE (haha) years then I ever could have imagined.
T.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

What's up Jason? I'm 26 (until Fri. that is) and have a right obpi. My outer bicep is super sensitive but not quite numb.
Until about 2 years ago i had no pain and the sensitivity was minimal when a friend sneaked up behind me and tried to wrestle me down. I played around for a bit until he twisted my arm behind me and really hurt it. The way he was pulling wouldn't have hurt my left arm but because it was my obpi... I didn't let on that I was hurt but 3 days later I got into a real fight in a bar and hurt my neck. I saw a doctor about my neck and mentioned the pain in my arm. I've always been embarrassed about my arm so almost didn't mention it but I'm glad I did. That was the first time I had ever heard the term Brachial Plexus. Until then I thought I was the only person with my condition.
Now I have a lot of pain some days and my arm gets really, really cold on my bicep. That spot is also more sensitive to pain than it was before which really pisses me off because I was just about to sleeve that arm with tattoos. My left is already sleeved and now I'm gonna be lopsided.
I know my experiences aren't the same as playing the trombone but my arm is the reason I never tried to play the guitar.(I know, I'm a wimp.) I did take piano lessons for a few months. That really hurt my wrist.(Wimp) My wrist also hurts after riding my mountain bike for too long.(Now I'm just being a crybaby.) I also ride motorcycles but that doesn't bother me at all.
Well, Jason, I guess I'm of no help at all.
Feel free to email me though and good luck.
Lindsey

Post by Lindsey »

Hi

My name is Lindsey and I'm a 17 yo LOBPI. I have problems with hypersensitivity, which gets worse the further up my arm you get, and a numb spot on the back of my hand. I am also a musician. I play clarinet, oboe, and xylophone. I've done dance, gymnastics, and martial arts when I was younger, and I also played softball for a while. I'm not sure how much use I have in my arm...just 100 percent of what I've always gotten from it. Anywayz, I hope all our stories and such help you.

Lindsey
rachelcasa

Post by rachelcasa »

Hello. My name is Rachel and I am 31 years old. Also just learning about this. I have had it in my left arm my whole life. I am sending a videotape of my mobility (what I have) to Dr. Nath tomorrow! I have already met some great people who are leading me in the right directions. This site is amazing. I felt like I was on cloud 9 last week just learning about bpi and if there is hope for us!! The pain is just becomming unbearable for me and the older I get the worse it gets. Let me know what you find out.
I'd appreciate it.
Rachel