I need help finding assistive devices.

Treatments, Rehabilitation, and Recovery
dani_was_here
Injury Description, Date, extent, surgical intervention etc: Traumatic BPI, June 8, 2008, Nerve graft surgery

I need help finding assistive devices.

Post by dani_was_here »

I'm trying to get back to work but I need something to help me efficiently stuff cheques into envelopes. I was wondering if anyone knew if there is such a thing and where I could get it?
Brandon_3

Re: I need help finding assistive devices.

Post by Brandon_3 »

Dont know if this helps but I designed a wrist-band that has a velcro strap so that you can wrap it around something to hold onto it and then the velcro conects back to the writband. I use it for lifting weights and stuff. But it can be used for other things.
jmar
Injury Description, Date, extent, surgical intervention etc: brachial plexus stretch during thoracic outlet syndrome surgery on may 18, 2010.

Post by jmar »

dani, put the bottom of the envelope against a solid surface so it wont move. fold your checks, then put the end of a ruler or t- square in the crease of the check, then push it in to the envelope. if it a single sheet check, then you could use the ruler or t-squre to guide it in. hope this makes sense. try this and see if it works for you. i am sure there are different ways, but this seems like it would work.
dani_was_here
Injury Description, Date, extent, surgical intervention etc: Traumatic BPI, June 8, 2008, Nerve graft surgery

Post by dani_was_here »

Thanks I'll try that.
druxton

Post by druxton »

A good product for you to use would be the Tree Frog pad". You can find this product at www.treefrogpad.com it runs around $12.00
It is a very sticky pad that holds everthing and anything. I stuffed envelopes with one hand this morning to be sure that it will work for you. The envelope doesn't move at all while resting on the pad and with one hand you will be able to place the check inside the envelope without any difficulties. I do believe this would be a good answer to your situation. The stickiness will not wear off. Dust can atach to it and you just wash it with mild soap and water, dry it off and it's good as new. Hope this helps.
dani_was_here

Post by dani_was_here »

Thank you. That looks like a very handy thing to have, for more than just stuffing envelopes.
richinma2005
Injury Description, Date, extent, surgical intervention etc: Daughter Kailyn ROBPI, June 14, 1997.
Surgery with Dr Waters (BCH), April 1999 and in February 2012
2 more daughters, Julia (1999), Sarah(2002) born Cesarean.

Post by richinma2005 »