Anyone or anyone's child have hand surgery?

Forum for parents of injured who are seeking information from other parents or people living with the injury. All welcome
myhumanrevolution
Injury Description, Date, extent, surgical intervention etc: Son with ROBPI Global

Anyone or anyone's child have hand surgery?

Post by myhumanrevolution »

I'm interested in how old that child was when they got the sugery and what the surgery entailed.

You can email me directly if you want

Jennifer.rae.jackson@gmail.com
F-Litz
Injury Description, Date, extent, surgical intervention etc: LOBPI, LTBPI at age 6.5, Sensory Issues, CP, Diaphragm Weakness, Aspberger's

Re: Anyone or anyone's child have hand surgery?

Post by F-Litz »

Hi Jenny! Maia didn't have hand surgery but I know a few kids who have had hand surgery -- I'll send them your email ok?
Was wondering how you were and how your son is -- been so long. How do you like California? -francine :)
Elizabeth Beaulieu
Injury Description, Date, extent, surgical intervention etc: Right Brachial Plexus birth injury

Post by Elizabeth Beaulieu »

Hi! I've had hand surgery... I had a wrist fusion and a tendon transfer to my thumb about 3 months ago. Feel free to ask me any questions :)
myhumanrevolution
Injury Description, Date, extent, surgical intervention etc: Son with ROBPI Global

Post by myhumanrevolution »

Thank you! I would love to connect with some folks whose kids have had hand surgery!
Carolyn J
Injury Description, Date, extent, surgical intervention etc: LOBPI. I am 77 yrs old and never had a name for my injuries until 2004 when I found UBPN at age 66.

My injuries are: LOBPI on upper body and Cerebrael Palsy on the lower left extremities. The only intervention I've had is a tendon transplant from my left leg to my left foot to enable flexing t age 24 in 1962. Before that, my foot would freeze without notice on the side when wearing heels AND I always did wear them at work "to fit in" I also stuttered until around age 18-19...just outgrew it...no therapy for it. Also suffered from very very low self esteem; severe Depression and Anxiety attacks started at menopause. I stuffed emotions and over-compensated in every thing I did to "fit in" and be "invisible". My injuries were Never addressed or talked about until age 66. I am a late bloomer!!!!!

I welcome any and all questions about "My Journey".
There is NO SUCH THING AS A DUMB QUESTION.
Sharing helps to Heal. HUGS do too.

Post by Carolyn J »

Jennifer ,
Please keep us updated on what you decide for your child. I , particularly, have a special interest in Hand surgeries and we all learn from each other.
Hugs,
Carolyn J :)
Carolyn J
Adult LOBPI
hope16_05
Injury Description, Date, extent, surgical intervention etc: 28 years old with a right obstetrical brachial plexus injury. 5 surgeries to date with pretty decent results. Last surgery resolved years of pain in my right arm however, I am beginning my journey with overuse in my left arm

Post by hope16_05 »

Hi Jennifer, I too have had hand surgeries two or three depending on what you count for hand surgeries. You can read about my hand surgeries on my website as they will be a lot less painfull for me as typing too much hurts my "good" arm.
My site is www.freewebs.com/bpimn
Also please fee free to email me at hope16_05@yahoo.com
Amy 23 years old ROBPI from MN
Amy 28 years old ROBPI from MN
Carolyn J
Injury Description, Date, extent, surgical intervention etc: LOBPI. I am 77 yrs old and never had a name for my injuries until 2004 when I found UBPN at age 66.

My injuries are: LOBPI on upper body and Cerebrael Palsy on the lower left extremities. The only intervention I've had is a tendon transplant from my left leg to my left foot to enable flexing t age 24 in 1962. Before that, my foot would freeze without notice on the side when wearing heels AND I always did wear them at work "to fit in" I also stuttered until around age 18-19...just outgrew it...no therapy for it. Also suffered from very very low self esteem; severe Depression and Anxiety attacks started at menopause. I stuffed emotions and over-compensated in every thing I did to "fit in" and be "invisible". My injuries were Never addressed or talked about until age 66. I am a late bloomer!!!!!

I welcome any and all questions about "My Journey".
There is NO SUCH THING AS A DUMB QUESTION.
Sharing helps to Heal. HUGS do too.

Post by Carolyn J »

I amHappy to read /"hear" your posts Elizabth and AMY!!!!! :D

Hugs all around Readers,Posters & Lurkers,
Carolyn J 8-)
LOBPI/72