Surgery, Tuesday, September 7, Philadelphia

Forum for parents of injured who are seeking information from other parents or people living with the injury. All welcome
Carolyn J
Injury Description, Date, extent, surgical intervention etc: LOBPI. I am 77 yrs old and never had a name for my injuries until 2004 when I found UBPN at age 66.

My injuries are: LOBPI on upper body and Cerebrael Palsy on the lower left extremities. The only intervention I've had is a tendon transplant from my left leg to my left foot to enable flexing t age 24 in 1962. Before that, my foot would freeze without notice on the side when wearing heels AND I always did wear them at work "to fit in" I also stuttered until around age 18-19...just outgrew it...no therapy for it. Also suffered from very very low self esteem; severe Depression and Anxiety attacks started at menopause. I stuffed emotions and over-compensated in every thing I did to "fit in" and be "invisible". My injuries were Never addressed or talked about until age 66. I am a late bloomer!!!!!

I welcome any and all questions about "My Journey".
There is NO SUCH THING AS A DUMB QUESTION.
Sharing helps to Heal. HUGS do too.

Re: Surgery, Tuesday, September 7, Philadelphia

Post by Carolyn J »

I will be thinking of you and Miss Elizabeth on Tuesday, Louise. PLEASE post update ASAP my Rosary is sooo hot right now.
More important, TAKE CARE OF YOURSELF TOO, please.

HUGS to you both,
Carolyn J
LOBPI/72
Carolyn J
Adult LOBPI
tkirkland
Injury Description, Date, extent, surgical intervention etc: My daughter suffered a ROBPI at birth on 10/7/2000. She has had no surgeries as of yet but we are currently seeking surgical intervention. She is a continous source of strength and encouragement for as she absolutely amazing!!!

Post by tkirkland »

Best of luck to Elizabeth! I will be praying for a successful surgery and a speedy recovery.
marleneross
Injury Description, Date, extent, surgical intervention etc: Lindsey - ROBPI - 12/15/2009

Post by marleneross »

Good Luck - I will be thinking of your family today.

Marlene
Carolyn J
Injury Description, Date, extent, surgical intervention etc: LOBPI. I am 77 yrs old and never had a name for my injuries until 2004 when I found UBPN at age 66.

My injuries are: LOBPI on upper body and Cerebrael Palsy on the lower left extremities. The only intervention I've had is a tendon transplant from my left leg to my left foot to enable flexing t age 24 in 1962. Before that, my foot would freeze without notice on the side when wearing heels AND I always did wear them at work "to fit in" I also stuttered until around age 18-19...just outgrew it...no therapy for it. Also suffered from very very low self esteem; severe Depression and Anxiety attacks started at menopause. I stuffed emotions and over-compensated in every thing I did to "fit in" and be "invisible". My injuries were Never addressed or talked about until age 66. I am a late bloomer!!!!!

I welcome any and all questions about "My Journey".
There is NO SUCH THING AS A DUMB QUESTION.
Sharing helps to Heal. HUGS do too.

Post by Carolyn J »

I'm Thinking of you both and Prayin' too.

HUGS,
Carolyn J
Carolyn J
Adult LOBPI
mommieinneed

Post by mommieinneed »

Hope everything went well yesterday...Ill be thinking of you until you post.

Cant wait to hear how it went since we will be concidering all that for Maggie after Dec.