Please pray for my family

Forum for parents of injured who are seeking information from other parents or people living with the injury. All welcome
Tuckersmommy
Injury Description, Date, extent, surgical intervention etc: My son was born At Parrish Medical Center in Titusville,Fla.After becoming stuck in the birth canal A doctor(any doctor)was paged 911.Believe it or not There was NO Obgyn on staff to preform a delivery,so a midwife and one other nurse had to deliver my son.He suffered 2 torn nerves and came out lifeless...
We see Dr.Grossman In Miami along with Dr.Price.He has had a nerve transfer in 2010,A round of botox and a recasting in 2011 and now we will having another round of botox in which we pray no cast will be needed.He is a smart handsome little boy who has come so far and everyday I feel he's improving!

Please pray for my family

Post by Tuckersmommy »

What hasn't gone wrong this past year...I need prayer for my son who has a brachial plexus injury...my marriage my sanity!!!This has been harder then we ever imagined!!! :cry:
Life is a dance~We will all learn it as we go
DianaLB1999

Re: Please pray for my family

Post by DianaLB1999 »

You are not alone. I sent you a private message :)
Kath
Injury Description, Date, extent, surgical intervention etc: I am ROBPI, global injury, Horner's Syndrome. No surgery but PT started at 2 weeks old under the direction of New York Hospital. I wore a brace 24/7 for the first 11 months of my life. I've never let my injury be used as an excuse not to do something. I've approach all things, in life, as a challenge. I approach anything new wondering if I can do it. I tried so many things I might never have tried, if I were not obpi. Being OBPI has made me strong, creative, more determined and persistent. I believe that being obpi has given me a very strong sense of humor and compassion for others.

Post by Kath »

Tuckers Mommy

I've said a prayer for you before writing this note.
I am an adult/obpi and have a global injury. I'm a wife, mother and grandmother of 5. Life does go on for us bpi kids. We learn to be determined, strong, persistent and creative because of this injury. Tucker will surprise you in many ways as he grows. I know it must be hard on your marriage and sanity. I never realized that it was a problem for my parents and then just my Mom because my dad died when I was ten. I thought it was no big deal to her until I found UBPN in 1999 and met so many parents. She managed to hide her feelings from me and allowed me to be all I could be. She never disabled me by treating me different. She enabled me and gave me wings. My little wing may have been broken but she pushed me to fly and to be all I could be. She told me I could do anything I put my mind to and she was right. When I was little and frustrated and sometimes cried she told me... I was never allowed to say "I can't" My Mom told me "can't means you won't." She was right, I'm 70 and can truly say I've done it all... I've never really gave up trying to do things that I wanted to do and always found a way to accomplish what ever I felt I needed to do. Tucker will be blessed with a strong determined personality and will persevere though all the challenges this injury imposes on us. As he gets stronger and matures he will face challenges that will frustrate him but with encouragement he will succeed.

Have faith, trust in yourself to make good choices for him... Take time to pay attention to your husband and your marriage... that is what he needs the most .. two happy parents... Taking some time from him will be good for all of you... I've been married for 45 years and almost all of the adult/obpi's I know are in long marriages. That goes for both male and female. OBPI is about our arms not who we are...

I'll keep you and your family in my prayers for peace, joy and healing in your life.

Hugs & prayers for you all Kath robpi/adult
Kath robpi/adult

Kathleen Mallozzi
marleneross
Injury Description, Date, extent, surgical intervention etc: Lindsey - ROBPI - 12/15/2009

Post by marleneross »

Kath-

You are an amazing women.....you brought tears to my eyes and hope for a great life for my little one.

Marlene