cheer team

Forum for parents of injured who are seeking information from other parents or people living with the injury. All welcome
patty hannahs mom

cheer team

Post by patty hannahs mom »

hannah made her cheer team for next fall 7th grade! :D
karategirl1kyu
Injury Description, Date, extent, surgical intervention etc: LOBPI, had surgery when I was 9- they moved muscles and tendons from one side of my arm to the other side. I can lift my arm to about my eye level, can't straigten it all the way and can't completely supinate my wrist.

Re: cheer team

Post by karategirl1kyu »

cool!! i did color gurad in high school!
~Mel/23/LOBPI
Karenw3
Injury Description, Date, extent, surgical intervention etc: Daugter, Grace, 3-14-02, LOBPI. Primary nerve graft and mod quad surgeries done at TCH before by age 13 mo.

Re: cheer team

Post by Karenw3 »

That is great! Does Hannah have an OBPI? If so, how does it affect her cheer movements. I was a former Jr. High and High school cheerleader and my 8 yo. old daughter is interested, but feels that she will be at a disadvantage due to her LOBPI. She can raise her arm overhead (although it is not perfectly straight) ,but she cannot really put her hand on her hip--which could be a problem. Just wondering if you made the coach/judges aware of her disability or not? Just interested b/c I have thought of these things when wondering if my daughter might try out when she gets older.