ANODINE THERAPY

Treatments, Rehabilitation, and Recovery
Cowboy Cody

ANODINE THERAPY

Post by Cowboy Cody »

A PT friend of my mothers told her about Anodine Therapy and I was wondering if anyone has tried it for pain and what were the results? :mrgreen:
Christopher
Injury Description, Date, extent, surgical intervention etc: Date of Injury: 12/15/02

Level of Injury:
-dominant side C5, C6, & C7 avulsed. C8 & T1 stretched & crushed

BPI Related Surgeries:
-2 Intercostal nerves grafted to Biceps muscle,
-Free-Gracilis muscle transfer to Biceps Region innervated with 2 Intercostal nerves grafts.
-2 Sural nerves harvested from both Calves for nerve grafting.
-Partial Ulnar nerve grafted to Long Triceps.
-Uninjured C7 Hemi-Contralateral cross-over to Deltoid muscle.
-Wrist flexor tendon transfer to middle, ring, & pinky finger extensors.

Surgical medical facility:
Brachial Plexus Clinic at The Mayo Clinic, Rochester MN
(all surgeries successful)

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are."
~Theodore Roosevelt

Re: ANODINE THERAPY

Post by Christopher »

I've never heard of it. What does in entail?
Its1105
Injury Description, Date, extent, surgical intervention etc: RTBPI - injured during a right cervical rib resection on 12/3/2008 for thoracic outlet syndrome. The doctor completely transected the lateral cord at C5-C6 Erb's pointe and the suprascapular nerve. Had a nerve repair done on 12/12/2008 to reattach the nerves. Did two years of OT. I have some issues with overuse issues with my left shoulder and also have come to find that my joints are hypermobile so I have instability in the joints which causes a lot of problems such as pressure and pain.

Re: ANODINE THERAPY

Post by Its1105 »

I hadn't heard of anodyne therapy before either, so I looked it up. Here is a website for anyone that is interested: http://www.anodynetherapy.com/

I haven't used this myself. My occupational therapist has used laser therapy on me before though, which I think is maybe similar maybe? It is only a short thing though - she just uses a light (laser) on me for so many minutes on different areas for a total of maybe 20-30 minutes and I only go once a week (and she doesn't do it every week). She always just calls it Laser Therapy though, so I am not sure if it is the same thing. But it does seem very similar.

I personally have not ever really seen a difference from it. My OT said that it is supposed to calm the nerves down. So whenever I go in with a lot of pain, we usually skip any ROM and strengthening and will do Laser and Hivamat treatments. But as I said, I am not sure I ever see a difference. It probably varies from person to person though. It is always worth a shot - I feel like with this type of injury, what works for one person doesn't always work for another and trying new things is always worth a chance.
--
Marie
RTBPI December 2008
C5-C6