You can Register for Camp now!

Forum for parents of injured who are seeking information from other parents or people living with the injury. All welcome
richinma2005
Injury Description, Date, extent, surgical intervention etc: Daughter Kailyn ROBPI, June 14, 1997.
Surgery with Dr Waters (BCH), April 1999 and in February 2012
2 more daughters, Julia (1999), Sarah(2002) born Cesarean.

You can Register for Camp now!

Post by richinma2005 »

http://ubpn.org/index.php?option=com_co ... Itemid=126

see the link from the home page!

very exciting

rich

Thanks Kim Claudia and Anise and the other volunteers!
Carolyn J
Injury Description, Date, extent, surgical intervention etc: LOBPI. I am 77 yrs old and never had a name for my injuries until 2004 when I found UBPN at age 66.

My injuries are: LOBPI on upper body and Cerebrael Palsy on the lower left extremities. The only intervention I've had is a tendon transplant from my left leg to my left foot to enable flexing t age 24 in 1962. Before that, my foot would freeze without notice on the side when wearing heels AND I always did wear them at work "to fit in" I also stuttered until around age 18-19...just outgrew it...no therapy for it. Also suffered from very very low self esteem; severe Depression and Anxiety attacks started at menopause. I stuffed emotions and over-compensated in every thing I did to "fit in" and be "invisible". My injuries were Never addressed or talked about until age 66. I am a late bloomer!!!!!

I welcome any and all questions about "My Journey".
There is NO SUCH THING AS A DUMB QUESTION.
Sharing helps to Heal. HUGS do too.

Re: You can Register for Camp now!

Post by Carolyn J »

HOOOORAY!!!!!! YOU"LL COME you hear !

Hugs,
Gramma Carolyn J /71
Carolyn J
Adult LOBPI
AlannahD
Injury Description, Date, extent, surgical intervention etc: 7-year-old granddaughter, LOBPI

Post by AlannahD »

We will be driving, so what is the total for a 7 year old and three adults? Thanks, CMB
KimW
Injury Description, Date, extent, surgical intervention etc: My daughter has a right obstetrical injury. She is 16.
Two surgeries include nerve graft and muscle release.
A great kid that plays soccer, rides horses, plays the piano
and clarinet.

Post by KimW »

If you click on the camp link above and on the camp page in the right hand menu you will see camp registration. All the prices are listed and you can even go through the process to determine what your total will be -- you don't have to complete the registration if you aren't ready but it will tally up your costs.
Kim West
"Children are likely to live up to what you believe of them." Lady Bird Johnson
AlannahD
Injury Description, Date, extent, surgical intervention etc: 7-year-old granddaughter, LOBPI

Post by AlannahD »

Thanks!! Camille
Andy S

Post by Andy S »

This camp looks great, when our Lily gets a little older we will make it to one.
bfaithda
Injury Description, Date, extent, surgical intervention etc: My name is Bridget, my son Brayden has a LOBPI. He was born 5-14-07 and weighted 11lbs 3ozs and was 22inches long and got stuck on my pelvis coming out. All 5 nerves were involved 2 ruptured and 3 avulsed, and also had Horner's Syndrome. He had primary surgery in St. Louis with Dr. Parks when he was 3 months old. He used synthetic materials to fuse the nerves together, because the nerves in his calves were not long enough. Brayden currently does aqua therapy, PT, OT and speech therapy. He has little movement in his arm and hand, but that does not stop him from having fun and being a normal boy!!!

Post by bfaithda »

Ok let me get this right for 2 adults and just 1 3year old it will cost $457 dollars. I checked awhile ago and it was way more than that. So I am just making sure so I can sweet talk my husband into going!!!! If it is more than that we might not be able to go.
marieke
Injury Description, Date, extent, surgical intervention etc: LOBPI
no external rotation against gravity, can only go to 90 degree fwd flexion, no hand-to-mouth
1 surgery at age 14 (latissimus dorsi transfer). In 2004, at age 28 I was struck with Transverse Myelitis which paralyzed me from the chest down. I recovered movement to my right leg, but need a KAFO to walk on my left leg. I became an RN in 2008.

Post by marieke »

Is it the cost per person or per room?

Do they have accessible rooms (if I manage to go, I use my wheelchair to travel and need the bathroom to be accessible for that as well)
Marieke Dufresne RN
34, LOBPI
http://nurse-to-be08.blogspot.com
KimW
Injury Description, Date, extent, surgical intervention etc: My daughter has a right obstetrical injury. She is 16.
Two surgeries include nerve graft and muscle release.
A great kid that plays soccer, rides horses, plays the piano
and clarinet.

Post by KimW »

You select a room and then pay for the individuals attending. Children under 13 are free. I'm not sure about accessibility, I'm sure Claudia will respond with that answer.
Kim West
"Children are likely to live up to what you believe of them." Lady Bird Johnson
F-Litz
Injury Description, Date, extent, surgical intervention etc: LOBPI, LTBPI at age 6.5, Sensory Issues, CP, Diaphragm Weakness, Aspberger's

Post by F-Litz »

using the automatic registration, it doesn't let you pay a deposit with paypal - only the full amount
whereas when you say you want to pay by check, it tells you about the deposit

can I pay my deposit through paypal and if so - to which email address?

-francine