Redo Mod quad

Forum for parents of injured who are seeking information from other parents or people living with the injury. All welcome
parent needing help
Injury Description, Date, extent, surgical intervention etc: 03/28/2000 OBPI. rc5-6 rupture, rc7-8 avulsion rt1 stretch. L humeral fx lc7 stretch

Redo Mod quad

Post by parent needing help »

katie had to have mod quad at 11 months of age back in 2001. We have known for a long time that she had issues with scar tissue, etc but was not sure what would or could be done. just had a recent consult and was told they could redo the quad, cleaning up that scar tissue, decompressing the nerves and lymph (she has some early early lymphedema going on)and not have that old statue of liberty splint.

LONG time since we have been to Houstong and long time for this surgery. Can anyone give me updates on recovery, splinting, etc. and if you have any information on the redo please share that as well. If you are not comfortable posting on here just send to WVOBPIFAMILY@aol.com. We are no longer in the legal issue and can post our email. and names :)

awesome new boards by the way..I can see Kate having need of the how do i and the teen board soon. 10 years with this family almost now...
Christy & Katie Chapman
hbpsupport

Re: Redo Mod quad

Post by hbpsupport »

My daughter just had her Mod Quad October 6th and only wore her SOL for 3 nights and she's doing great!!!!!!!!!!!!!