Need some info please!!!!!

Forum for parents of injured who are seeking information from other parents or people living with the injury. All welcome
madysmom

Need some info please!!!!!

Post by madysmom »

Hi '
I was wondering if anyone could give me any info on what where who and so forth, well let me explain I'm getting ahead. We need to go to Miami Childrens Hospital in March for our daughters BPI, she is 2 months old. How would we get any type of discounts or would we on airlines, hotels. I called all the major airlines up and noone offers any for medical reasons. Money is tight right now, but we want the best for Maddy. Any suggestions???? Thanks alot!!!
Madysmom...staci
francine

Re: Need some info please!!!!!

Post by francine »

Staci - I have all the listings on my website http://www.injurednewborn.com/maia/travel.html

Tami at UBPN is the chairperson of their Wings program and she will be able to write you a letter and help you, too.

I don't know about hotels, but maybe the Ronald McDonald house down there will house you? It's a possibility.... also they may have other housing. If you call the hospital itself, they may have staff to help with travel issues.

Good luck!
-francine
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

please ,dont go to miami childrens.my daughter had surgery with dr grossman 2 yrs ago ,and follow up post surgery is very poor.you are isolated after surgery wondering whats next,with no help from them'
momofnickelman

Post by momofnickelman »

We use miracle flight the last time we went...the people there are great! They fill out all the paperwork for you to get free flight from airlines or pay for it themselves...They are a non-profit organization. The number and website is listed on above link from Francine.