ER Storyline "Romano's arm"

Forum for parents of injured who are seeking information from other parents or people living with the injury. All welcome
jody o.

ER Storyline "Romano's arm"

Post by jody o. »

Has anyone been following the storyline on ER (NBC-10 p.m. Thursdays)on Dr. Romano? His arm was severed from a helicopter and re-attached. He's a top surgeon (and administrator) at the hospital. He's still unable to use his injured hand and this week tried to perform a surgery one-handed (despite the pleas from other surgeons that he NOT do it).

I love this storyline. I can't wait to see how it plays out. He's a real hard-edged kind of doctor. Before his accident, he was talking to the parents of a child who had some kind of injury to one of his hands "It's only a hand. Kids are resilient. He'll adjust". (Compassion has never been his strong suit, so it's really interesting watching him grappling with his own injury).

Just wanted to know if anyone else was following this storyline. P.S. (The actor played in Fame...short...balding...reddish hair...thin). Good actor!
Joy in FL

Re: ER Storyline

Post by Joy in FL »

Yeah, Jody we do watch ER. Romano is one of our favorite characters. He can be a jerk but then all of a sudden he will come out with a one liner and have us laughing.

It has been very interesting watching him deal with the injury. When he dropped the coffee mug last night, I thought yup, I've been there! I hope he does not leave the show but it will be curious to see what they do with his character.

Joy
Joy in FL is now living in Georgia!
Left TBI on October 31, 1991
njbirk

Post by njbirk »

Jody,
It is the only TV show that I regularly watch.
I have been watching the Romano story unfold with a special interest. They have captured the conflicting emotions one feels with an arm/hand injury, including the scary scene yesterday.

I really dislike the Romano character but I've found this story line really reaches me for obvious reasons.

Just hope I never become that bitter. Maybe the loss of his hand will bring a bit of humanity to his character.

Nancy
francine

Post by francine »

well I just thought for a man who lost his arm..boy he should can supinate well... did you see that??? and his fingers - well heck they did a pretty good job getting them working too. What does he really expect?
francine

Post by francine »

what they need in the story line is another tbpi to straighten him out and slap him around a bit! lol
LeeAnne

Post by LeeAnne »

I love this show and boy I've always wanted to slap him around ALOT!!!! LOL
Anna G

Post by Anna G »

wot series is it? cause in the uk we don't have it yet! something to look forward to though!

Anna<
Karen Hillyer

Post by Karen Hillyer »

Hey Anna we do !!!!
it's ER on Sky digital, channel E4 on Thursday evenings
we're a bit behind the states, Romano only lost his arm 3 weeks ago here and he hasn't tried the one handed surgery yet - can't wait!
and I LOVE Roman, give him to me for a week and I'd soon have him licked into shape LOL
Karen
francine

Post by francine »

oh Karen! LOL LOL hehehe
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

alright 4 some with posh t.v! we only have terestial so no not everybody does get to see ER yet!:0P

Anna<