How do you dry off after taking a shower?

Treatments, Rehabilitation, and Recovery
RobertRacer
Injury Description, Date, extent, surgical intervention etc: 9/23/07 - LTBPI / Motorcycle collision

How do you dry off after taking a shower?

Post by RobertRacer »

I posed this question in another topic, but thought it deserved its own. I have my methods but want to see if anyone has a more cleaver way.
Robert - LTBPI/34/AL - Yamaha meets Ford Expedition....not good.
schmoe90

Re: How do you dry off after taking a shower?

Post by schmoe90 »

I basically throw the towel over my back, then use one end to soak up water. Until we get the all body driers like they had in Bladerunner, I think that'll do :)
AngelaW
Injury Description, Date, extent, surgical intervention etc: X

Post by AngelaW »

I have a hook on the wall next to the shower. I leave an extra large towel hanging on it and when I get out I leave one end on the hook and dry with the other half. It even works with my really long hair.
s8n

Post by s8n »

i just have my ole lady wash me in the shower and dry me off then help me get dressed. works out good and i get to see her naked when she's washing me. ;) hehe
odorico

Post by odorico »

I use a hair dryer.
RobertRacer
Injury Description, Date, extent, surgical intervention etc: 9/23/07 - LTBPI / Motorcycle collision

Post by RobertRacer »

I wish I had an Ole Lady!
Sparrow

Post by Sparrow »

i answered in a different topic but will say it again here; i pat-pat-pat what I can reach then, use the towel to slap-slap-slap at the rest. Towel hangs on a hook near the tub so I used to rub against it like a bear. but i found that it didn't take much to cause the towel to fall off and onto the floor. How do you do it?

Message was edited by: Sparrow
RobertRacer

Post by RobertRacer »

I kind of use a combo of those things. I try to pat dry mostly and sling the towel over my back and pull it back over slowly to get the big water droplets. I have good grip in my BPI hand, so I can also sling the towel over like a cape and hold it with my bad arm and just drag it opened up down mt back. I also sometimes drape it over and push against the door or wall to put on some pressure.
swhite1
Injury Description, Date, extent, surgical intervention etc: Bad fall in June of 2006
LTBPI

Post by swhite1 »

Angela the following is what I posted elsewhere regarding this same question. I guess brilliant minds...

I have a lonnnnng bath towel and a regular size bath towel. They both hang from their own hooks(3M type).
I reach for the short one first and towel my face, hands, ears and hair. I then step out to the long one(hanging long-ways) and lean gently into it while grabbing a hold of the corner nearest the hook with my good hand. Now comes the trick, I unhook it and turn in towards the body(???) of the towel and at about waist high I let go of the previous corner while holding it under my arm and grab the corner opposite the first corner, same side.(length wise)
I don't know if I said this clearly or not. It's easier done than said. Good luck
Mardelle

Post by Mardelle »

Towel drying...
A towel for my head...a large bath sheet for my body...
I throw the whole towel over my left shoulder...and gravity allows most of the towel to fall. As it falls behind me...I reach behind my back grabbing a corner of the towel...At this point I have patted and dried the left shoulder...as I wrap the whole towel around my back...I stand for a minute. I reach down in the middle...between my legs and pull the towel forward...this pretty much looks after the entire behind/back area. I let the towel go and slowly I lean forward dragging the towel to the right...Just when there is about a foot left on my shoulder...I take my right hand and tuck the towel under my arm pit...then I pull the rest of the towel around my front chest and continue to tuck the rest of the towel as a wrap under my left arm...with holding that bunch of towel in my right hand...I can actually leave the bathroom...with a towel and head to my dressing area covered...
If my legs are wet or toes...I will sit on a chair and finish drying those parts in safety... :)
Hope this makes senseto you...it works for me :)

With Light
Mardelle